Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do I tell my friend - or keep my mouth shut?

One of my best guy friends is seeing this girl, which I am afraid to say that she might not be for him? He's head over heels for her, but I can't seem to see why because I don't think she treats him the way he should be treated. Perhaps this is not any of my business, but I care about my friend.

He's a really great person, and when I say great, I mean it. He's a generous, very caring, understanding, always there to help, polite, never expects anything in return, fun to hang out with - why couldn't he be a girl!!! I don't want him to be run over and hurt or taken advantage of.

Anyhow, some things that bother me - a short list, but could be more

1. He'd always do what she wants, but never does she do the things that he wants to do or go. Ie. seeing a particular movie, going to someplace, etc.

2. He makes her dinners, but I haven't heard him say that she ever made dinner for him.

3. He takes her out for many past lunchs/dinners, but when I asked him if she ever has done the same, he said never. (You'd think he'd clue in!)

4. The times I'm with them, she talks a bit down on him....condescending in a way. Ie. "You're such a wuss" I heard one time.

5. When he asks what the plans are for a particular day, she just says "I don't know...I'll let you know", so the dude has to sit at home all day waiting for a phone call!! [I know 'cause I asked him if he want to go somewhere, but he said "I can't, I don't know if Lisa is going to call and we're going out or not..."].

I think that's it What is your impression of this girl? How can I tell my friend to open his eyes?

Physically, she is an attractive girl and I think my friend is attached to her in that regard, but he has a wool hat over his eyes to see the real reason.

Default Re: What do I tell my friend - or keep my mouth shut?

based on what you have written, looks like your friend is being played. i say tell your friend.

normally, guys really fall for attractive women (physically). just let him continue what he's doing and let him come to his senses himself. he'll learn from it and look women differently (not just physically). let the experience help him.

Quote Originally Posted by pnoize2k7
    based on what you have written, looks like your friend is being played. i say tell your friend.

thanks for being so straightforward.....

there are somethings that are out of our control, if you have told him already and still not listened.. then i guess its better to make him learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by makoyvelasco
    normally, guys really fall for attractive women (physically). just let him continue what he's doing and let him come to his senses himself. he'll learn from it and look women differently (not just physically). let the experience help him.
    I agree..but sometimes we as individuals need to be told ,correct me if im wrong..

tell your friend

if i were in his place, i wouldn't mind being told---as long as its the truth

tsk tsk tsk, ask the gurl why she is not treating that guy better.
    or else advice that guy nlang nga dli cla bagay.. hahahaha

if you and the guy are really best friends, then i guess you can tell him. that's what best friends are for, di ba. if he won't listen, then it's his problem maybe he really is a wuzz.

the girl is a user and is taking her bf for granted. i don't think she sees him as a boyfriend. i think she sees him as her alalay, accessory, cook, bodyguard, etc. mag basol ra na siya kung bulagan na na siya sa guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Innosaint

thanks for being so straightforward.....

Subtlety has never been one of my virtues.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast