Default Why SMART WIFI is POOR?

(This is applicable only for those using: MOTOROLA CANOPY)

I am in no position to say this or criticize the SMART WIFI services, but atleast to give idea on how they could improve this service. I’d like to share this analysis to the readers, so as well as we can bind together and let them hear what we feel.

If you happen to browse a Forum Site and look at the Computer/Internet Discussion, the highest replies and most active thread goes to the Smart WIFI discussion. Sad to say, it implies a very negative result as well as curses and bullshits for the Smart Wifi.

If I could just talk to this Network Administrator, or the Technical Administrator, or whoever controlling this network, I could raise him the following questions:

Still, I will post this one so as some SMART connected techies might consider, would they care to give me an award? Make it in CASH please. =D

Or would you care hiring me as Technical staff?. kidding Wekekek.

ON BANDWIDTH MANAGEMENT

I’d like to ask him/her in the very first place, How many E1/T1 or other Direct Internet lines / dedicated lines are assigned to each base station? As they said during Agent/Installer Seminar which I myself attended, a certain Base station is capable of handling and supporting 1,000 clients.

Second Question, What is your ideal and acceptable proportion as to number of clients to share a certain dedicated E1/T1 Line?

In a very ideal and acceptable distribution of bandwidth, i’ll give you a sample calculation:

An E1 line with 1984-2048 kbps, can be divided to around 50 lines of 128kbps or 30 lines of 256kbps, meaning, they can share an E1 line to 50 lines. So what will be the case if there are around 100lines in connected in a single base station, supplied only with 1 E1 line?

But how about if you are on 256kbps? Worst case scenario, the only acceptable distribution could be at 30lines x 256kbps. Now, how about if you have 100 lines x 256kbps plans sharing 1 E1 line?

My analysis here is that, Smart Wifi introducing new plans, higher plans and bigger figures of bandwidth distribution, but their backbone is not upgraded. What will happen now that they introduced 384kbps plans?

ON TECHNICAL EXPERTISE

I wonder if the Technicians / Installers, specifically those who are installing Motorola Canopy are well versed enough to get the best what Motorola Canopy can provide. As of the present Wireless era, I rate Motorola Canopy as #1 in terms of performance, stability, durability, and distance coverage and price factors.

So if you think you don’t appreciate it, then there is something wrong with the installation.

ON CANOPY CONFIGURATION OPTIMIZATION

I presume that SMART WIFI is using a BRIDGE between the Subscriber Module and the Access Point on the following reasons:

1. All the Subcriber Modules that I have seen are on the default IP of 169.254.1.1, so if you are curious enough. Add an IP address to your Network Config, with 169.25.1.X (values 2 – 254), go to your Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox, then type: 169.254.1.1 in your browser’s address bar, I presume it will view your Motorola Canopy Configuration Page.. EXPLORE IT. =D

2. The Authentication Keys are BLANK, thereby leaving it VULNERABLE to client. =D

3. The Bandwidth Management is set to maximum default, therefore it implies that the Bandwidth control is not in the SMs, wherein it should be the SMs responsibility to control Bandwidth flowing on it: example, setting it to DL: 256, UL: 256, Bursts: 256. Again, leaving the SM, not-optimized for this purpose.

4. The Client can DISCONNECT himself anytime, should he want to. Its better being disconnected, than having a connection worst than dial up right? I’ll let you know how to disconnect yourself laterz.

THE THRILL: Well, if u can disconnect your line anytime, then the installer will visit u frequently, I guess would be a good reason enough to QUIT from the service right?

That’s my simple review as of this time; well SMART/MERIDIAN Peeps are always welcome if they want some more advice.

Honestly, I appreciate SMART, i patronize it. but not to their present WIFI. looking forward for a change. Hehe. Applying for SMART? Laughing Out Loud.

Default Re: Why SMART WIFI is POOR?

:mrgreen:

I hope you can give us some basic instructions on how to optimize the stability/performance of our canopy.

i hope they can give me the 384 instead of 288 grrr

i hope that I can even reach close to 288 kbps.. below 50 kbps..

@AMDXTreme: how do we disconnect?

6.    Advertisement