Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default How we are all the same DESPITE religious affiliations or beliefs

So here let's celebrate our SAMENESS.

As for me, whether you're a muslim, christian, buddhist, hindi, atheist, or agnostic, I am fairly certain that in my enlightened state of mind, I LOVE YOU.

Default Re: How we are all the same DESPITE religious affiliations or beliefs

everytime i got a 7 & 2 o
    i always call for papa jesus, and guess what, he'd always give me a full house on the flop

thank you papa jesus.!

Blog Entries

Seriously, any true atheist will tell you that atheism is NOT a belief, so please do not include it in this collection of beliefs.

Spirtuality and religion are devices invented by man to help him cope with the tragic and frightening thought that nothing comes after death. Thus, you call these movements as "beliefs" because there is indeed belief in life after death. Since atheists don't believe in life after death, then it is not a "belief" and there's no reason to "believe".

Does this mean that, as an atheist, I do not fear death? Of course I fear death like any other person. However, what makes me different is I confront that fear head on, without lies. Currently, the data tells me there's nothing after death, and so I'm being honest to myself (and even to other people), that when I die, I go into a permanent unconscious state, the same type of feeling when you become unconscious or go to sleep (without dreams)...only this time, it's permanent. I fear that state, but I accept it, and I DO NOT SUBSTITUTE it with some other make-believe story.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 08-04-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Seriously, any true atheist will tell you that atheism is NOT a belief, so please do not include it in this collection of beliefs.

Spirtuality and religion are devices invented by man to help him cope with the tragic and frightening thought that nothing comes after death. Thus, you call these movements as "beliefs" because there is indeed belief in life after death. Since atheists don't believe in life after death, then it is not a "belief" and there's no reason to "believe".

Does this mean that, as an atheist, I do not fear death? Of course I fear death like any other person. However, what makes me different is I confront that fear head on, without lies. Currently, the data tells me there's nothing after death, and so I'm being honest to myself (and even to other people), that when I die, I go into a permanent unconscious state, the same type of feeling when you become unconscious or go to sleep (without dreams)...only this time, it's permanent. I fear that state, but I accept it, and I DO NOT SUBSTITUTE it with some other make-believe story.

-RODION
    Hi, you only mention about what lies after death... May I know what other things you don't believe? Do you believe in God?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cebu.opportunities View Post
    Hi, you only mention about what lies after death... May I know what other things you don't believe? Do you believe in God?
    Please read the definition of "atheist".

Again, the concept of god is tied with the concept of life after death, so since I don't believe in life after death, it naturally and logically follows that I do not believe in a deity or supreme being, the latter two being inventions by humans.

-RODION

Blog Entries

so atheists or not, we all DIE. we all share the same destiny.

i don't have any problems with one having a religion or belief. my grandma was a traditional catholic, my mother now a born-again christian, me more of a buddhist but not entirely, my other friends atheists. it's just how we make sense of life.

as with religious traditions, i know that there are some harmless, respectable traditions. i bow before the statue of the buddha because i think it's a cool, meaningful practice. i even bow before the memories of my ancestors now. I am just so humbled by the fact that they had lived through those wars, you get what i mean? doesn't the south china sea tension ever make you think about that also?

so for me, we try to make sense of life the best way we can and that is a common experience. my way may not be your way, and your way doesn't have to be mine. as long as we respect or at least tolerate each other then we can live in peace eh?
    Last edited by Sol_Itaire; 08-06-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Itaire View Post
    so atheists or not, we all DIE. we all share the same destiny.

i don't have any problems with one having a religion or belief. my grandma was a traditional catholic, my mother now a born-again christian, me more of a buddhist but not entirely, my other friends atheists. it's just how we make sense of life.

as with religious traditions, i know that there are some harmless, respectable traditions. i bow before the statue of the buddha because i think it's a cool, meaningful practice. i even bow before the memories of my ancestors now. I am just so humbled by the fact that they had lived through those wars, you get what i mean? doesn't the south china sea tension ever make you think about that also?

so for me, we try to make sense of life the best way we can and that is a common experience. my way may not be your way, and your way doesn't have to be mine. as long as we respect or at least tolerate each other then we can live in peace eh?
    But the reality is there are some beliefs and practices that will overlap/violate the other. So ang pangutana unsaon pag settle and if kinsay sundon.

^^^^
    I don't have any other preoccupation or delusions on how to be good so im more focused on doing it more directly
    than just preaching others what is good or the truth, stubbornly, persistently insist. And regardless some already had violated others with different practices, beliefs or non-beliefs they simply justify it because they are doing the only "supreme and sole, creator or being" his favor.

So para nako just follow the good deeds and not the belief or religious practices nalang and mao na dapat sundon

Quote Originally Posted by mokiloo View Post

So para nako just follow the good deeds and not the belief or religious practices nalang and mao na dapat sundon
    Invalid lagi ni nga sentence if di nimu i define asa ka mag base if unsay good ug unsay bad. asa ta mag define ana from science? Budhism? Christianity? islam? kay i can assure you different belief have different basis for what is good and what is bad.

@SioDenz
    I'm basing my terms and use of words from proper vocabulary and not some "versions" of it like some delusions and distortions due to some different interpretations from the same scripture.

These adjectives, words or term "Good" or "Bad" simply describes its real meaning as it was coined and being commonly used. And it shouldn't be that complex

And karon muingon na hinuon ka nausab ang meaning tungod sa tinuhu-an or mag himo2x na hinuon mo inyu version to serve your belief's purpose?

mao na ni ron

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast