Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where were my parents on my wedding day?

I lost my dad when I was still 11 years old. He got a kidney failure and was trying to battle it out for almost 3 years. He finally gave up and rested. It was so painful that I couldn't cry. I was afraid I would have a nervous breakdown. So I thought that during those times, not shedding a tear would make it easier to fool myself and my family that everything is okey. My mom played her role well. She was more than a mother to me and my brother. But I didn't realize that until now that I have grown up. She was trying hard to make both ends meet for us. She went from one job to another. I know she had a hard time but I made it harder for her. I didn't know that I was hurting her badly. Every family have their black sheep and I was that in my family. I smoked and got drunk almost every week. But I never really lost it. I was still hanging on to the tiniest hope that someday I will realize that I have to changed. She left for the US during my 20th year in 2002. She never really had a choice since she was sending my brother to med school. She let us understand that she has to go away for us to have a better life. And I said to myself, well, that would be good idea. Nobody's going to keep on checking on my shoulders. I will have the freedom that I've always wanted. And so she left. I woke up one day and realize how much I miss her. It took me two years to realize that. I am not an emotional type of person but everytime I miss my mom, it brought tears to eyes. Last 2005, my boyfriend (now my husband) and I decide to tie the knot. When my mom called, i told her that I am getting married and asked if she can come home. I know it was an easy decision because she has not yet legalize her stay in the US. To make it easier for her, I assured her that she doesn't have to consider it. I would understand if she can make it home. As my wedding preparation progressed, I found myself so busy. Until the day came. Everything was perfect. I woke up with too much anxiety in me. Everything as taken cared of. I even arrived at church early. As the marching beat of the organ sounded, I was suddenly brought to tears. That was the time that I realize how much I miss my mom. I never dream about not being able to celebrate my wedding without the most important people in my life. I feel so sorry for her for not being able to see me in my wedding dress. But I never took it against her. Life has to go on. Now I know that not being with your mom doesn't mean that you won't feel the motherly affection. I feel more loved and more thought of. Her motherhood was a blessing to us...

Default Re: Where were my parents on my wedding day?

tsk...very painful experience for u..
    my parents were beside me during my wedding day!

it really comes in a persons life that they become more mature and realize a lotta things..and thats wht probably happend to you..im sad for you not having ur mom on your wedding day...but at least shes still alive, you can love her as much as you can..

What a sad story, but at least it is not too late since naka realize naka.

same story with my wifey. but will make sure both her mom and step dad be there for our church wedding...

no matter how you wanted your mom to be away from you, she's still your mother. And at certain point of life when you get to think of her it just crushed your heart knowing she could'nt be their for you no matter how you want it.

i almost cried sis..ok rana sis uy what's important is you realized how much important your mom is to you..

so sad story of your life, mao gyud na ang life..

waahhh..
    sagde lang sis atleast naka sabot ka why ur mom couldn't make it..
    love man japon ka ato imo mom..

what a sad story

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast