Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Default Nikon 35mm 1.8g Users Review and Photographs

Hi Istoryans,

Calling all 35mm 1.8g users, it has been an ongoing debate for nikon users if they are going to acquire a 35mm or a 50mm, hope this thread help people decide which one to acquire, I am using a 50mm as well but I find the 35mm more versatile and a bit wider.

Please share your thoughts. Post your photographs using this small but very competent lens.

I'll go first. Here's my first test shot. (I'm using my 35mm and the one in the picture is my co-TL's 35mm)

Note: Mods, if there is an existing thread, please delete this thread. Thanks

Default Re: Nikon 35mm 1.8g Users Review and Photographs

I want a 35 mm too ^_^

Its difficult to use 50mm indoors and on group shots.. but still, my fave lense..

should we get it first? or tamron 28-70?

Bro, after we temporarily swapped lenses, I fell in love with primes, I tried using my co-workers 35 mm and compared it with your 50 mm, mas daghan man advantages ang 35 mm compared sa disadvantages with the 50 mm. 35 mm is wider, with still the same sharpness, better in low light than the 50 (both photos and videos), better to use indoors, street photography and limited spaces. Mas madali magcompose ng pics since hindi ka na mag-step back (which is usually the case for the 50) to get the full picture (the picture's story and it's background). Lighter and smaller (for travelling). Cheaper ang filters since smaller ang diameter ng lens. Both are fast but sabi sa youtube for a review of both that 35 mm is faster, I think they're the same speed. Disadvantages are, if layo ang subject and there's no way to come nearer then no choice but to crop or use the zoom lens which is usually less sharp than the primes. And you can't use it for full frame bodies like d700 etc. Correct me if you think I have incorrect observations with the lens.

If your more of all around type user and needs additional focal length, tamron 28-75 f2.8 is good, if you want, when you return the 18-105 mm, let's test and compare the shots of the 35 and 50 side by side.
    Last edited by Jep01_Chibu; 03-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.

if 35mm is as sharp as 50mm, then ako na idayun ug ditch ang 50mm and get the 35mm.. ^_^
    then the 24-70 .

same problem with 50mm. cge ta backstep hehe

Lagi, sige ta backstep, unya na ako mag-zoom lens, if maabot na ang 85 mm 1.8g sa cebu then yun na lang para hindi na ako mag zoom lens. This is one of the videos to help you decide.

Part 1:
    FromTheRaw - Nikon 50mm 1.8G vs 35mm 1.8G on D5100 +lowlight - YouTube
    Part 2:
    FromTheRaw - Nikon 50mm f/1.8G vs 35mm f/1.8G PART 2 - YouTube

35mm 1.8G is sharper than 50mm 1.8G, but not by much.
    what u lose with 35mm is subject isolation for portraits.
    for group shots, 35mm is preferred
    35mm 1.8G can still be used on FX since the FX body has an auto DX mode. what ul see in the viewfinder is a small box/frame to signify that ur composition for that DX lens attached to it will be limited to that area in the box/frame.

Quote Originally Posted by azinec View Post
    35mm 1.8G is sharper than 50mm 1.8G, but not by much.
    what u lose with 35mm is subject isolation for portraits.
    for group shots, 35mm is preferred
    35mm 1.8G can still be used on FX since the FX body has an auto DX mode. what ul see in the viewfinder is a small box/frame to signify that ur composition for that DX lens attached to it will be limited to that area in the box/frame.
    Thanks sa feedback Sir Azinec, I'm still getting a hang of this lens. Wish ko lang na I'll be able to buy a full frame body but di kaya sa budget and I have other priorities. LOLs

I'm not yet into portraits sir that's why I considered the 35 mm, and I have friends that I can swap my 35 mm for their 50 mm from time to time. But I still have Saturdays and Sundays to toggle between the 50 and 35. I'll have a indoor and outdoor shots siguro by Saturdays and Sundays and post by next week.

Here are some of my shots, please share your thoughts:

Ayala Cebu. March 24, 2012

old shot

I'll go for 35 =)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast