Page 1 of 144 123411 ... LastLast

Default Davao City mayor beats up sheriff in demolition row

The mayor of Davao City, who is the daughter of former Mayor and current Vice Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, on Friday beat up a sheriff who was trying to enforce a demolition order at a community in the city.

Video footage from GMA News correspondent Tek Ocampo showed Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio approaching a group of local officials overseeing a demolition operation that had turned violent, as residents tried to resist the demolition team.

Duterte was seen summoning a man in a checkered polo, but as the man drew close, she threw at least four punches in his face and head. The punching only stopped after Duterte's bodyguards stepped in and tried to pacify the irate mayor.

The man was later identified as city sheriff Abe Andres. Duterte ordered that the sheriff be brought to the hospital for medical treatment, but the latter refused and opted to just go home.

In an interview on GMA News TV Live's On Call, Duterte said she did not regret her actions. According to her, she lost her temper because the sheriff did not follow her orders.

Duterte said she had given specific instructions to delay the demolition operations for at least two hours, while she was attending to relief operations for those hit by floods. She said she wanted to make it a point to be personally present at the demolition to prevent violence.

"Kasi hindi sila [villagers] naniniwala doon. Even sa pulis hindi naniniwala iyong mga tao. Naghahanap sila ng mayor at kami ang may usapan kahapon," Duterte said.

"Pero at 9 a.m. pinapasok nila ang demolition team nila na hindi naman mukhang demolition team at mukhang laging nagra-riot lang sa lugar na ito," she added.

Duterte said the riot that had erupted earlier in the day stopped when she arrived. She said she wanted to reprimand the sheriff for the violence that happened while she was not around.

"So pinatawag ko siya, sabi ko ano ba hinihingi... Medyo mainit na talaga ulo ko... Hinihingi ko lang dalawang oras. Ano ba naman ang dalawang oras sa kanila?" she said.

Several people, including a policeman, were injured in the riot.

Asked what she thought about the possible consequences of her actions, Duterte said: "I do not care about public opinion na hindi naman kasali dito at hindi makakatulong sa problema dito."

There was no immediate comment from the sheriff about the incident. — LBG, GMA News

Davao City mayor beats up sheriff in demolition row - Regions - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

idola ani uie..hahahaha...nidot kaayu ang video tan.awn..OWNED kaau

Default Re: Davao City mayor beats up sheriff in demolition row

That's my girl!...
    This is the best definition of 'kamay na bakal'...

Blog Entries

With what's been happening in Davao ie floods and all , lets give her some space.

Master Yoda's Quote “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

i wonder had she not a duterte, would she still have done what she did?

Gahi man sad ulo ang sheriff ,,gi ingnan sa mayor wait for 2 hours lang kay mu anha sha aron dili mag kagubot wala gyud pa too gusto na gyud mo demolish bahalang mag ka gubot,,,wala gyud utok,,,pwede ra gani saboton,,,dili makig sabot.. mirisi ay

Quote Originally Posted by 21guns View Post
    Gahi man sad ulo ang sheriff ,,gi ingnan sa mayor wait for 2 hours lang kay mu anha sha aron dili mag kagubot wala gyud pa too gusto na gyud mo demolish bahalang mag ka gubot,,,wala gyud utok,,,pwede ra gani saboton,,,dili makig sabot.. mirisi ay
    mao man.... nagbuot2 ang sherif ai...

hmm i agree that the sheriff should be reprimanded for not following orders
    BUT im not in favor of the mayor resorting to physical violence towards a fellow government officer.
    im sorry but i dont subscribe to that methodology.

lol you can actually hear the smack of the mayor's first punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood_Cebu View Post
    hmm i agree that the sheriff should be reprimanded for not following orders
    BUT im not in favor of the mayor resorting to physical violence towards a fellow government officer.
    im sorry but i dont subscribe to that methodology.
    With all the problems she had bro, I think mkabuhat gyud to cya ingon ato plus ang sheriff pasaway..
    And to think, she's a Duterte...

Conduct unbecoming.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 144 123411 ... LastLast