Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 19 Things you should NEVER say to a single person

My friend emailed this to me 2 days ago, just want to share this one. I'm not sure if this already exists here, anyway here it is:

19 things you should "NEVER" say to a single person:

1. It happens when you're not looking. (that's just bull)

2. There are plenty of fish in the sea. (oh that will make me feel so much better)

3. So, why are you still single? (and why are you still rude?)

4. You're too picky. (go ahead & kick me while I'm down)

5. You'll find the right person for you. (and that's going to make me feel better too)

6. He's/She's out there. (uh huh)

7. It was just bad timing. (like its so easy to dismiss a guy on such emotionless & objective reason)

8. Just have fun with it! (um, don't tell me how to date in my 30s when you got married at 24)

9. Have you tried online dating? (duh)

10. He/She just wasn't the right guy/gal for you. (I know! That's what I'm complaining about!)

11. Well when my boyfriend/girlfriend & I first met .... (yeah, that really helps to talk about you because I'm SO much like you)

12. When the time is right you will meet someone. (oh so that explains it all)

13. Wow, I wish I were single and in your shoes! (really? I'm pretty sure you CAN be single if you want to be. So if you aren't messing with me out of pity - which I think you are - please go for it!)

14. Your turn next [at weddings] (there's just no response for that)

15. It will happen when you least expect it (uh huh, that will keep me warm at night)

16. Some guy/gal will come along and ruin you career/life plans.(umm I'm getting old and no one has ruined the last 10 years of my life)

17. But you're so pretty/handsome and nice! Why don't you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? (there's just no polite or graceful way to answer that)

18. It just wasn't meant to be. (and that is just so annoying when heard from the mouths of smug married people)

19. You're married right now, right?! (You think?!)

How do you feel when people say these things to you?

What are the most common line you often hear from your friends?

Last edited by colby; 01-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.

- i don't mind since i know the truth anyway.. i was so preoccupied with my priorities that going into a relationship with someone never became an option for a few years.

- 30mins ago.. naay usa nga ni pm ai.. lol
    daghan naibog nmo, pilian kay ka - bwahahaha again, it's by choice that i wanted to stay single.. so it doesn't really apply. maybe i'll be open to the idea this year.. and yes, its good to be picky, labi na gihagu-an pd nimo imong achievements... kapoy sige sugod sa uno kay sagad lang tag hasmag ah.. lol
    Last edited by z3robeLow; 01-09-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    nice lage ni! haha

nice TS....heheh///...

How do you feel when people say these things to you?Well for sometime, I'd just reflect on the things they said then after that I'll just go on with my life...I mean I still believe that I will not be single forever but maybe as of now, I still have lots of things to do but I am also praying and considering that someday or soon I will be able to find the right one or the right one will find me..hehe

What are the most common line you often hear from your friends?lots of common lines like im too picky, there's a lot of fish in the sea,he wasnt the right guy for you etc...but in the end, it is still my decision to be single as of now...i don't want to enter in a relationship just for the sake of having one...I bet its still important to consider if this man is the right one for me that I can live with for the rest of my life.,...char!hehehe

Libog then at the same time ma-awkward. Kay dili man sila maka-relate unsa ang state sa akong life. And you badly need someone by your side ba. Mao toh siya.

But you're so pretty/handsome and nice! Why don't you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
    -Mao jud ni pirmi ayyy.

Single pa ka? atik lang!?
    My reply:
    oo, if naa pa, puno na akong fb ug mga pics namong duha!

I have these statements said to me over and over again. At first, they annoy me big time but then I grew all the more immune to them as time went by. I even came up with polite and sarcastic remarks, depending on who's asking.

Really, being single before (that was 5 years ago) was truly A BIG DEAL, especially when all your classmates before in high school already had their own kids come reunions and special get togethers. I must be the most well-invited person during weddings. From being the guest, one of the bride's maids, the maid of honor, to the photographer, wedding coordinator, emcee and the florist, I've done almost all (except for being the bride). I have never held a bouquet, no matter how hard I try to snatch it from the girls. (hahah.)Then came the hormones issue, like you can't bear kids when you reach this age and that.

I must say I have enjoyed being single now that I have forgotten about childhood dreams of being in love and marrying that guy who sweeps me off my feet. Single hood has taught me that there is so much freedom in the world being one. I get to go to places I only see in my history books before. I meet lots of people that widened my horizon without worrying about what my husband would say.

Of course, I still want to settle down. But for now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

i only have two words for these kind of remarks.... "F. U.", in the most pleasant way i can....

Interesting response, thanks guys for sharing. Nice to know how all of you dealt with all those remarks or what common lines you often heard.
    Last edited by colby; 01-20-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Default What are the most common line you often hear from your friends?

1.single pa ka? sulti lng gud z tinuod, basin gikaulaw nmo imong uyab sah?

ahak walay mo tuo..

2. ohhh atik gyud ni cya oi, ga linya gali z imo mga suitors..

waaahhhhh.... makalagot bah

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast