Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Nalzaro: Wake up call for Gwen

When I wrote this column, Gov. Gwen Garcia was leading by a few thousand votes in the partial official count against Hilario Davide III. If Junjun loses in the gubernatorial race, I will still congratulate him because despite his being a newcomer in the province, he was able to put up a good fight.

Also, Junjun was “politically handicapped” because his Liberal Party had limited resources. It also had no match to the well-oiled and well-entrenched political machinery of One Cebu Party.

The governor campaigned year round through the “Suroy-Suroy Sugbo.”

The votes that Junjun got proved many Cebuanos do not like the way the governor is running the affairs of the Provincial Government. This is a wake up call for Gwen that she should change her ways, including her being temperamental and her handling of taxpayers’ money.

Or maybe the Balili property issue dragged Garcia’s popularity down.

Nalzaro: Wake up call for Gwen | Sun.Star Network Online

Let us all remember that in Philippine politics winning an election does not necessarily mean that the real voice of the majority of the people was heard.

yup lisod gyud na pildohon ang naka lingkod na daan sa pwesto

kay ang uban jam2x raman mobotar...
    "aw kinsa diay na siya? siya nalang kay siya man akong nailhan..."

saons

agree lisod gyud pildihon ang mga incumbent officials labaw na daghan projects nabuhat.

wla pa bay proclaimation ayt?? mayta makadaog c davide oist..d jud ko nahan ni gwen pareha lng na cla ni arroyo mga paugat kaau bisag klaro kaayong pangurakot..!!! mga babae man unta mga baga man noon ug face

aw mkita rapud btaw natoh ang kaagi ron ni gwen sa mga umaabot nga mga kaugmaon.... for davide, well i voted for him.... maau rapud ndagan xah bsan pildi xah pra mailado sah xah sa sugbo,... i think mudagan napud ni c davide igsunod election... kani dghan2 nani mubotar nya... pro matunga japun kai murag mudagan man c Lito osmena pgkaGobernador.... tan.awn tani...

dili nlng ta mo reklamo. c erap mn gni ky 2nd sa presidential race. hahaiz...

GWEN is the GMA of cebu city.pabagaa'y ug nawong...

i think Gwen has been proclaimed already. she has a 91,000+ lead against Junjun. indeed, Junjun put up good fight. 53% against 45% not bad for a newcomer.

how true that Gwen lost in her own precinct? can anyone verify?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing View Post
    yup lisod gyud na pildohon ang naka lingkod na daan sa pwesto
    depende jd n... f wala jd ayo ang naka.lingkod n daan sa pwesto, ang mga tao jd mao mo.vote against that person in power...

it just seems a few thousand people were able to see thru the good things that she did better than the people who saw most of the anomalies linked to her, or maybe, just maybe, the few thousand voters who should have helped Jun-jun win couldn't vote... just my opinion...

whatever the case maybe, we hope n mas maau ang pagdumala sa capitolyo kron...

just my opinion... nothing intended...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast