Default software that would block selected file extension to the shared drive in server

anybody here who knows what software do i need to install in my windows2003 server that would block saving file extensions like mp3, .jpg, etc..,

Thanks

if you are using windows 2003, upgrade it to Windows server 2003 R2.. your file server application (the one that's used to manage your shared folders) will have the option to filter files allowed/not allowed for saving. You have the option to select from their preconfigured file types, or you may also create your own file types.

It can even be tagged per user, where it doesn't matter which folder a user saves such files, the same filter will still be applied to him/her.

is this server on production yet? or still on a lab environment? coz there is a bit of a caution in upgrading the server since it may cause instability to your active directory. though i've tried upgrading before, i still won't give guarantees it works fine. try it out on a lab environment first, alright?
    Last edited by sploy; 01-20-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: additional infos..

3.    Advertisement