Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default VAT is not bad after all.

Hear it from the pros>>> Philippine Star - Articles - -

Quote:

For her part, veteran stockbroker and PSE director Vivian Yuchengco said the country’s ability to survive the ongoing global crisis was due to the value-added tax (VAT).

“Without the VAT, we would be in deep financial trouble. Because of the VAT our economy is strong and we’re able to cut our deficit,” Yuchengco said.

Unquote.

PGMA is not dumb to implement the VAT w/o any valid reason, she's an economist after all. So I cannot understand why many hunchos are against it...especially the catholic bishops.

Quote Originally Posted by cottonmouth View Post
    PGMA is not dumb to implement the VAT w/o any valid reason, she's an economist after all. So I cannot understand why many hunchos are against it...especially the catholic bishops.
    It's because of the clamor of the ignorant majority who has no idea about it. So those what you called hunchos and catholic bishops are just riding on the issues. POLITICS is the name of the game... They simply don't want the present administration to succeed, they want it to fall for them to have a control and hold of power.

ganahan sila sa nakaraan na sila ang nag cocontrol sa kinabuhi sa usa ka tao.

i also do not understand, if our economy is doing great, then why do filipinos go abroad to work? ... and why do we call them bayani?

Quote Originally Posted by akosabni View Post
    i also do not understand, if our economy is doing great, then why do filipinos go abroad to work? ... and why do we call them bayani?
    doesn't mean if a country's economy is doing good, there won't be citizens working abroad. We are now living in a BORDERLESS WORLD u know. We Filipinos are not the only ones doing it...Canadians migrate, Kiwis migrate also. Even Chinese and Koreans, and so on and so forth.

and of course, this is OT.

on the topic, we are now reaping the rewards of VAT...

who said Taxes are bad? its our countrys life line... the only thing bad is the ones who holds this money.
    taxes should go back to help our country but some corrupt politicians the ones causing this to look bad.

tama ba? ahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by giddyboy View Post
    on the topic, we are now reaping the rewards of VAT...
    how i wish i could believe this ... but how can i see it as a reward if i'm paying for it

The economy would probably be much better off if all those thieves in government didn't steal so much of the VAT money. And then they give P170 billion to pay off foreign debts, many of which were anomalous like the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant (maybe the biggest White Elephant in the country).

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    POLITICS is the name of the game...
    mao! maski asa ta ibutang naa jud ning politika...

Quote Originally Posted by akosabni View Post
    how i wish i could believe this ... but how can i see it as a reward if i'm paying for it
    open your mind... you will see

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast