Default what's the meaning of the song "Samson" by Regina Spektor?

guyz, below is the lyrics of the song "Samson" by Regina Spektor... it has been boggling my mind since the very moment it reached my ears...please share your understanding of the meaning of its lyrics, may it be literal or metaphorical...................

You are my sweetest downfall...I loved you first, I loved you first...Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth...I have to go, I have to go...Your hair was long when we first met...

Samson went back to bed...Not much hair left on his head...He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed...And history books forgot about us and the bible didnt mention us...The bible didnt mention us, not even once...

You are my sweetest downfall...I loved you first , I loved you first...Beneath the stars came falling on our heads...But they're just old light...They're just old light...Your hair was long when we first met...

Samson came to my bed...Told me that my hair was red...Told me I was beautiful and came into my bed...I cut his hair myself one night...A pair of dull scissors and the yellow light...He told me that I'd done alright...and kissed me till the morning light the morning light...and he kissed me till the morning light...

Samson went back to bed...Not much hair left on his head...Ate a slice of wonder bread...and went right back to bed...We couldn't break the columns down...No, we couldn't destroy a single one...and the history books forgot about us...and the bible didnt mention us...not even once...

You are my sweetest downfall...I loved you first ..................
    Last edited by princezzz_pucca; 07-17-2008 at 02:06 AM.

i really like this sOng...

nindOt ug meaning...

weakness jud sa man ang wOman...

and bisan gi betray xa sa babae, love jud ghapOn nyah ...
    ( "I cut his hair myself one night...A pair of dull scissors and the yellow light...He told me that I'd done alright...and kissed me till the morning light the morning light" )

I believe it is pretty much the dissolution of the relationship between Regina and her boyfriend (Samson.) Using the biblical story of Samson, who lost his power after his hair was cut, she parallels that with her own predicament, of seeing her boyfriend change from the man she fell in love with to a husk of his former self.

The thing that sparks the change, I think, was their inability to find love past lust;
    He told me i was beautiful and came into my bed
    Oh I cut his hair myself one night
    A pair of dull scissors and the yellow light

As if the act of "getting in bed" with him was what "cut his hair."

Great song.

This is a story about Samson's lover before Delilah. Samson then, was willing to be weak and vulnerable for her, surrendered all his secrets and even asked her to cut his hair. Despite the immense decrease in his strength, the girl loved him, and this is what Samson wanted to know - he wanted to know someone out there could love him if he was stripped down of all his powers and be just like the ordinary man. For who doesn't want to know that someone will continue loving us even during our weakest moments?

They spent many a days together trying to destroy columns, lift huge boulders and move hills and mountains just for fun, reveling in the simplicity in which they spent their days together, and the profoundness of their love. But then for some reason, they went their separate ways; Samson grew back his hair and his strength and met Delilah.

So I think this is a "what-if" song, bordering on the premises of "what if Samson had a lover before Delilah" and the fact that history doesn't always tell us everything.

nag wOnder lang kO sa line nah

" and the histOry bOoks fOrgt abwt us and the bibLe didn't mentiOn us, nOt even Once "

murag wala ko kasabot ani na song

hehehe

7.    Advertisement