Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkilan View Post
    " a simple commonsense would do! for this little thing "
    well, my simple common sense tells me that you should read the article and understand it before you give a stupid answer.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    well, my simple common sense tells me that you should read the article and understand it before you give a stupid answer.
    I saw this on an episode...

Now, for the first time, researchers have found a genetic link to cellular aging — a finding that suggests new treatments for a variety of age-related diseases and cancers.
    *from your post

i dont think its an applied science. Today scientist tells us this tommorow somebody will tell them wrong. Mr. chad your article is interesting... but there is in no way you will use science to fight against thermodynamics... (death and decay)

if scientist said they can slow down aging... well those bible believers will tell you adam lived 600+ years if im not mistaken... science said, yes it is possible through hyperbaric environment.

Its hard to deal with findings that goes against the laws of nature. Most of it failed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athiesta View Post
    I saw this on an episode...
    Its hard to deal with findings that goes against the laws of nature. Most of it failed.
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Failed? Are you sure about that?

Fact: The "laws" are nature are only called laws if the current level of human understanding declares them as laws. If a newer paradigm is discovered, it shall easily replace those laws you thought were once FINAL and ABSOLUTE. Case in point:

Aristotelian science ===> Galilean science ===> Newtonian science ===> Einstein's theories ===> ?

Thus, once upon a time:

1. Law of nature: humans cannot fly =====> airplanes, balloons, helicopters, gliders, rocketpacks etc.

2. Law of nature: what goes up MUST come down =====> achieving escape velocity/orbiting the earth

3. Law of nature: if a body organ fails, the person WILL die =====> heart transplants, kidney transplants, liver transplants

4. Law of nature: Once blind, always blind =====> new researches into artificial vision tapping into the
    visual cortex

5. Law of nature: You cannot split an atom =====> the Manhattan Project

6. and so on...

...others are welcome to add to this long list.

-RODION

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    There is no single cause or mechanism found for ageing, only some good candidates.
    It has been suggested and most scientists agree, that free radicals or oxygen radicals injure cells and promote ageing. Free radicals are one of the by-products of our breathing.

Scientists don't know to what extent the free radicals are responsible for our death, and what contributions they may have to our life.
    A second suspected chemical reaction behind our ageing process is the 'browning reaction'. It is the same transformation that happens when we toast a slice of bread. In cellular life the 'browning reaction' happens between glucose and proteins. It causes changes and damage to protein function and to the expression of genes.

A third suspect for ageing is that our cells lose their ability to divide. This, amongst other things, makes our immune system weaker. The ageing process might be pre-programmed in our genome, but exactly how is still not known.

Source:
    How do we age?

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Failed? Are you sure about that?

Fact: The "laws" are nature are only called laws if the current level of human understanding declares them as laws. If a newer paradigm is discovered, it shall easily replace those laws you thought were once FINAL and ABSOLUTE. Case in point:

Aristotelian science ===> Galilean science ===> Newtonian science ===> Einstein's theories ===> ?

Thus, once upon a time:

1. Law of nature: humans cannot fly =====> airplanes, balloons, helicopters, gliders, rocketpacks etc.

2. Law of nature: what goes up MUST come down =====> achieving escape velocity/orbiting the earth

3. Law of nature: if a body organ fails, the person WILL die =====> heart transplants, kidney transplants, liver transplants

4. Law of nature: Once blind, always blind =====> new researches into artificial vision tapping into the
    visual cortex

5. Law of nature: You cannot split an atom =====> the Manhattan Project

6. and so on...

...others are welcome to add to this long list.

-RODION
    You might want to check the number of failures... I said most... not all.. Yes the one you mentioned are established science but not verified by all. Point rod is this, Science goes with the laws of nature.

if you say human can fly... with airplanes... you are not flying with your own capacity... but you are moving through air... not flying.

my analogy rod is this...

if laws of nature tells you you cannot fly, NATURALLY U cannot fly.

so maybe its not a law of nature to split an atom... NATURE FAIL. lols!

^ Edison failed 5,000 times for the bulb...

in Physics of imposible , u dun have the right to conclude. ..

stealth can now be possible .

in the future or next millenia - the rest could be possible.
    -time travel
    - time warp
    - teleportation

nikola tesla, failed on his objective... wireless distribution of electricity... so? does it mean the way we think of our future will be the same as what we are thinking... or maybe he is still working upto today... the good thing is... there is always an alternative which goes with the laws of nature...

please science people don't think too much of going against it...

we have the right to conclude... there is a saying brad. LET IT GO and MOVE ON... people let go alchemy and embrace science...

Quote Originally Posted by deadfinggerz View Post
    kay kung dili ta mo age.. dili pud ta mabuhi.. naa ba diay nahan nga 1 year old ra pirmi? hehehe

tama! sakto jud ka.. hahaha

its a part of human cycle i guess..

We age due to fact of oxidation process, it is a natural process in which one electron is unpaired electron . it's l a natural process in our blood, like a fruit oxidation process occur faster if it is under the condition of sunlight. if that unpaired electron is paired by some electron.. they may cause mutation in the cells. we can reduce process of aging if we eat the rights foods ( food that contain SOD Super Oxide Dimutase) it does'nt mean that you can take vitamins it will reduce aging.. our oxygen " the unpaired electron" has the capacity to hold such electron that is called the ORAC" oxygen radical absorbance capacity" mao nya iyang capacity mo hold sa unpaired electron.. (wew taasa oi... sakit na ako liog) we humans are like a walking time bomb, if that unpaired electron mix with other substance like carcinogens, mo mutate na sya like carncer cell.. cancer cell is the abnormal growth of cells. example rani ha.. mao ni iyak formula sa oxidation process ( Unpaired electron oxygen + other substance like carcinogens ====> cancer cells) cancer patient has an acidic body.. so tama na mga acidic mga bro... even milk may cause cancer.. inum lang mo og soya milk..or inum mo og barley grass or wheat grass. healthy kaau na sila... another example of reaction ( unpaired electron oxygen + stress + pollution ====> increase aging process + death ) haha klaro?

-odc-

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast