Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apple Announces AppleTV and iPhone

Apple TV

Apple has revealed details on the much-anticipated iTV, actually dubbed “AppleTV”. The product aims to spread the wealth of the iTunes store by automatically synchronizing iTunes content from a single PC and streaming to up to five other computers or your television. No, it is not limited to videos, photos and music can be streamed as well. Content from sites such as Apple.com can also be streamed.

AppleTV supports 802.11b/g, 802.11n for wireless streaming and Ethernet connectivity. The device sports a 40GB hard drive which can be used to, for example, auto-stream unwatched movies. The content is saved on the AppleTV hard drive for later playback. Steve Jobs said that the AppleTV has been designed with "widescreen TVs in mind"; it includes an HDMI connector and resolutions of up to 720p. The device also offers component, RCA audio, optical digital outputs as well as USB 2.0 connections. It is unclear whether storage expansion is possible. Jobs said that AppleTV is powered by an Intel processor but did not indicate what model.

Expect the AppleTV to be available for $299 in February 2007.

Apple iPhone

[img width=461 height=500]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/3969/iphonewi0.jpg[/img]

Macworld is going on right now, and Apple’s biggest announcement of the day so far has been the introduction of the iPhone. Steve Jobs describes the iPhone as “having your life in your pocket”. The phone will be available in two models, 4GB and 8GB priced at $499 and $599 respectively, and will ship to the US in June of this year. Europe will get the phone in the fourth quarter, while Asia will wait till 2008.

Over 200 patents were filed for the inventions in the iPhone, which they intend to vigorously protect. The phone hopes to be a smartphone, music player, camera and video player all in one. The screen will have 160 pixels per inch, the phone will run OSX, and only has one button. The rest of the navigation is controlled by the touch screen display.

The phone also features a 2 megapixel camera, and is only 11.6mm thick. It can differentiate between the user holding it landscape or portrait, and has an ambient light sensor adjusting its brightness dependent on what environment you are in. Google and Yahoo are on board offering mapping and mail services too.

Expect to see a lot of information about the iPhone in the next few days. Check back on neowin for the publics reception to Apple’s new product and any more features that make their way onto the phone.

Default Re: Apple Announces AppleTV and iPhone

saw this just this morning. all i can say is sweet!!!

I'm not all too excited bout the iTV as my 360 can pretty much do something similar at the moment. I am very excited bout the iPhone. It does look very stylish.

oh.. my.. god.. this is sooooooooooooo cool...

waaaah! its so meeee! i wonder how much would that be if it lands here in cebu!

around, 15T-20T for sure... well, not bad...

this will have a huge impact on the phone market. rumors has it that the 2nd or 3rd gen iPhone will have 3G...

do you guys have any idea how much would the iPhone cost? i'm talking bout $..

thanks..

maynta ka afford ta.....

too bad CISCO is suing apple for the tradename use of iPhone hope they could iron this out

whitwhew...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast