Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please READ those who buy RAM with heat sinks or heat spreaders.......

OCZ claims that its clever heat spreader guarantees you better overclockability and that it can help you reach much higher performance. But according to Corsair's document it doesn’t. We know that Corsair is right as we remember that a year or two back, a Corsair executive said the same about Corsair memory heat spreaders. He claimed that they look cool and that people are after them as they think that heat spreads are actually helping in the overclocking process. In the real world they just looked good.

Please continue reading..........

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29598

Default Re: Please READ those who buy RAM with heat sinks or heat spreaders.......

this issue is quite old and already been discussed, but thanks for reminding us.

Default Re: Please READ those who buy RAM with heat sinks or heat spreaders.......

yeah i agree mem heat dont need that much or dosent generate much heat at all, but i still wanna see my mem look cool!!! hehee!!

hehehe try runnin those rams @ ddr600 and beyond

actually...pumping 3.3V on your memory will generate alot of heat to a point that you wont even be able to touch it with your finger.imagine 3.5V.

even 2.98v is quite hot for a mem.

BH5 mems require active cooling, they need 3.5V to achieve lower latency at higher speeds.
    ang uban kay pa cute cute lang na ang mga heat spreaders . . .

runnin mine @ 2.9v. man its scary hot. had to put an extra 120mm fan blowin on it to keep it cool.

same here.i have an active fan blowing over my memories feeding 3.3V.

aye, I think corsair never released any BH5 modules that's why they think the heatspreaders aren't really all that coz TCCDs dont need too much voltage mao na di ra kaayo init. DI KO SURE HA!! basin naa jud d i cla BH5

Cant touch OCZ Gold BH5 when pumping 3.5 volts at all. Maybe it doesn't help overclockability, but I am certain it'll at least extend the life of RAM. eh eh eh.

Besides Nindot man sad jud tanawon ang OCZ na heatspreaders, super sinaw, nindot sad ang logo sa akong Ballistix, wouldn't trade it for higher end RAM without the dangged heatspreaders.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast