Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Default Working in call center is really bad for health?

Working in call center is really bad for health?

yes or no? why?

Default Re: Working in call center is really bad for health?

During my time at Call Center Purgatory, I dealt with a lot of hate. I hated the management, my direct supervisors, my customers, and finally I hated myself for where I had ended up. There was also a person at my call center who really seemed to go out of their way to make me want to hate them, probably because they started out by presenting themself as a friend and then turned on me. They brought out the kind of hatred I did not know could exist inside of me. Well in fairness it paid of my nearly 5 years of call center experience. Got a big salary, saved a lot, became the bread winner and gave me an opportunity to work abroad.

jusko. its like asking "why are people still smoking cigars?"

almost all professions have risks. Anyone can die anywhere. Call center agents might die with TB or hold up so are construction workers falling from a building. Nurses and doctors can be infected with deadly communicable diseases.. etc
    It's the life style of the agents that will kill them.

I swear, I roll eyes with this thread.

Those days working in customer service / technical support makes you hate humans in most of their forms on this planet. I spent the day being abused by people as I tried to troubleshoot their nonfunctional computers.

Its amazing that people can be so ingratiating at the start of a call, but then when things go wrong, how few people are able to really keep their cool. They become petty, mean, abusive and downright nasty.

A customer had a computer that went way wrong. When I called him to explain why he had that kind of issue he explained to me that he got a virus and should not have to pay for it when in fact it is not part of the scope of support since we only deal with hardware issues so he paid for the software support in removing the virus. When I asked him for a confirmation number, a time, a name of a person he spoke to, he had none of that. I reminded him that our calls are recorded and ever entry is time stamped as notes are put in the computer and there was nothing to back up his claim.

He explained that he did so much business with our company that would never happen. He was going to call the vice president of operations and I would be sorry.

"Fine. I don't care who you call. I called the vice president and HIS boss before calling you. No one in this company is going to change this."
    "We'll see!" was followed by a loud click and the asshole was gone.

I felt very tired, very sad, and very ready to hit the door. It's not grumpiness that really gets me mad, I can handle that. It is the continual dealing with these, "people" that think customer service means I am in a lower caste than them. That it means I want to be abused by them, and the money they possess entitles them to act any way they want.

in short. stress. actually ma google ra jud ni ang answer. just my 2 cents

i agree with stress but isn't it also present in other jobs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrunch View Post
    jusko. its like asking "why are people still smoking cigars?"

almost all professions have risks. Anyone can die anywhere. Call center agents might die with TB or hold up so are construction workers falling from a building. Nurses and doctors can be infected with deadly communicable diseases.. etc
    It's the life style of the agents that will kill them.

I swear, I roll eyes with this thread.
    dakong sakto
    mas health risk pa gali nang mga doctor ug nurses sa hospital kai exposed sila sa sakit

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrunch View Post
    i agree with stress but isn't it also present in other jobs as well?
    stress + night shift + rotating shifts + irate customers + init kaau kung buntag + insomnia + saba kung buntag d katug (lack of sleep)

+ bisyo (sigarilyo, beer, alcohol)

syaro d pa na bad for the health

Quote Originally Posted by siopao1984 View Post
    stress + night shift + rotating shifts + irate customers + init kaau kung buntag + insomnia + saba kung buntag d katug (lack of sleep)

+ bisyo (sigarilyo, beer, alcohol)

syaro d pa na bad for the health
    dili raman tingali na limited to callcenter agents sir

ang doctor ug nurse = stress + night shift + rotating shifts + sick/dying customers + init kaau kung buntag + insomnia + saba kung buntag d katug (lack of sleep) + bisyo (sigarilyo, beer, alcohol)

security guard/police/soldiers = stress + night shift + rotating shifts + dangerous people + init kaau kung buntag + insomnia + saba kung buntag d katug (lack of sleep) + bisyo (sigarilyo, beer, alcohol)

factory workers = stress + night shift + rotating shifts + init kaau kung buntag + insomnia + saba kung buntag d katug (lack of sleep) + bisyo (sigarilyo, beer, alcohol)

as ive said, it's the agent's lifestyle that is killing him/her.

if you are aware that you are dying with that work then resign or else it can already be called suicide.
    I agree it's bad for the health but agents are making it worst.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast