Default How to setup IP address manually with internet connection?

mao ni akong connection. adsl modem with router --> switchhub --> pcs

kung akong e obtain an IP address automatically and obtain DNS server address automatically, akng pc's maka connect sa net.

mao ni akong problema, kung ako na e manual, dili na maka connect sa net.

unsa may mga settings dapat ako e config manually?

ScrapeBox Development softtouch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to setup IP address manually with internet connection?

The pc's need to be in the same ip range as the router. If the router's IP is 192.168.1.1, your pc's should start with 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 and so on.

im a tech in an ISP...PM me daw...tell me what's your equipments...ex..OS nimo,router(brandname),modem(brandname and model#)....

well in an ordinary DSL connection...you connect your modem directly to the PC...then configure your network connection and create a broadband connection which uses your PPPoE connection Username and Password to connect to the internet.."certain modems" store the Username and Passwords in the GUI(graphical user interface) of the modem and in that case you dont need to create a broadband connection icon in your network...just make sure that your LAN connection is connected/enabled and you can connect to the internet right away...you can even just connect the modem into a different PC as long as its WIN XP...and you can connect to the internet right away..(just make sure your LAN is enabled/connected)..an example of that modem is the siemens speedstream 4100 or speedstream 5100-b...well routers has GUI(graphical user interface)..which you need to access using a browser and using a certain IP address to access it..but before you can access it you need to connect the modem to the router and the router to the PC...after that access the GUI by putting the IP address of the router in the address field of the browser...IP address of router depends on the brand of it..although you can change the IP addresse range of the router once you accessed the GUI...example. linksys router...GUI is -192.168.1.1..then it'll ask for the username and a password...username=(blank).password=admin..someti mes its reversed,i think it depends on the model of the router..connect using PPPoE then you have to put your Username and Password that you have from your ISP..then save it and thats it..try if you can connect to the internet..but the thing here is..if you are using the modem that has GUI's...you need to disable the PPPoE..or set the modem into the bridge mode..so it will not interfere with the
    PPPoE of the router..i think thats it..let me know if i missed somthin...thanks..

to shorten, turn off the DHCP mode in your router, set-up manually the IP addresses of your PCs, put your router's IP in the default gateway of each PC. i guess that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSuave
    to shorten, turn off the DHCP mode in your router, set-up manually the IP addresses of your PCs, put your router's IP in the default gateway of each PC. i guess that will work.
    ^^^ i second thee.

yah! your right mister suave....LOL

yup..you can also do that!!...

9.    Advertisement