Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What to do when you're obliged to live with someone you don't like?

I'm currently living with my husband, daughter, a nanny and my brother-in-law. My in-laws are very kind to me and never treated me like an "in-law". I never felt like I was new to the family that's why i love them so much.

But I have a problem with my brother-in-law. I have a hard time dealing with him coz for me he is an a.b.normal.. It seems like he has his own world. He was born and raised abroad but you wouldn't feel that because he is so unorganized. He is so dirty, his things are everywhere. Plus, he has some sort of skin asthma so he scratches all the time. I so hate it. I always try to make my daughter avoid him coz she might get his wounds too. But it's hard let a 2yr old kid do that.

He went here to study college (USC). Last sem he failed all of his subjects. Then come summer, he passed 1 out of 2. This sem, all of his classes were dissolved without him knowing because he didnt have regular friends. He only got 2 recovered. He is sooo st|_|p!d, excuse me for the word but I can't help it. My husband has hypertension and everytime he talks to him, I can feel it become higher. He is soo hard headed or whatever! Is he really hard-headed or plain st|_|p!d?

I don't know what to do, I cant stand living with him that's why we ignore him. His parents are soo nice that's why sometimes I feel bad for treating him that way..

Advice please..

tel ur hubby na maglain mo ug puyo dts d only solution

basi naa siya learning disability like dyslexia mao ingani ang dagan sa iya studies...
    basi introvert and insecure siya and can't keep friends tungod sa iya skin asthma...

know what's bothering him, he's your family and you are the only people that's left for him to help...
    don't make things worst for him, exhaust your patience and understanding, ug dili na jud madala talk to your in-laws para walay hurt feelings basi mawala hinuon ang imong good relationship sa imong in laws...

good luck!!!

pg lahi nalng mo puyo.....

in your situation sis ky part man sa inyong family kailangan mo agwanta ka perog di gani ka ka-agwanta try to talk to him why is he like that perog di gihapon mo effect bisan kasab-an nimo og sa imong husband ang brother in law it's your desisyon mo balhin ba mo or dili

thanks for your advice! well we have exhausted all efforts.. maayo man xa sometimes but i cant get him.. we cant transfer to another house coz my inlaws wont allow..
    we'll see what happens by the end of this sem..

Quote Originally Posted by janeg View Post
    thanks for your advice! well we have exhausted all efforts.. maayo man xa sometimes but i cant get him.. we cant transfer to another house coz my inlaws wont allow..
    we'll see what happens by the end of this sem..
    so am sis if ing-ana di mo sogtan nam o balhin then kailgan ka mo agwanta and also your husband must help gyud ky di sad na maayo ang gi buhat sa brother in law and your welcome sis

@TS: i can tell you right now that i'd rather not live with my OWN brother. take note, he's my OWN younger brother.

why? i can tell you a bunch of reasons. he's lazy, he stays in his room and plays World of Warcraft every frickin minute 24/7. he doesn't have a job, and he uses too much electricity.

and who pays for it? ME. except the W.O.W of course.
    but still, he's my brother and i feel responsible in a way. the fact that he doesn't have a job, compels me to save him from his craziness and insanity.

about your brother-in-law, the fact that you said he's a.b normal says to me that he is dysfunctional, am i right? if so, then i hate to say this but there is nothing more you can do.

i guess my message is just learn to live with it like i did with my younger brother.
    good luck.

Blog Entries
    pag lain ra jud maoy sulbad ana sis, anyway minyo naman sad mo, maau jud nang mag-lain m o, aron makabarog sad mo ug inyo, then wala say makapanghilabot both sides kay inyo naman kaugalingon...bahalag mag-rent, bahalag gamay ra basta as long matawag nga inyo....

Blog Entries
    @chad, buotan nga big brother. *pakpak*

Nganong dili man mosugot imong in-laws maglain mo? Dapat na baya gyud pud mong maglain kay naa mo'y baby, and you need the space and the privacy.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast