A few years ago I was a kitchen manager at a place in Charlotte, NC. I don't know if it is common knowledge or not, but drug use in kitchens is very common, and most of the time accepted. That being said, I had a line cook who had come in tweaked out on cocaine. He came to me explained the situation, apologized, asked if he could run somewhere and come in a little later in "better shape." It was slow, and most of the prep was done so I said he could have an extra hour.
He comes back 45 minutes later and is calmed down, stopped shaking and had a grin on his face. He was one of my better line cooks, so I was glad to see that I didn't have to reprimand him. We begin the dinner service and every thing is running smoothly when I look across the line and he begins to look as if he's falling asleep while working the grill. He assured me that he was fine. Fifteen minutes goes by and I see him collapse, landing with his face and arm on the grill, HE DIDN'T EVEN WAKE UP. I run across the kitchen and push him off, skin literally melted to the grill. As he hits the ground, he wakes up and simply says "aw shit, chef may I go to the hospital?"
The smell was horrific. At seven pm on a Friday night we closed the restaurant, opened all the doors and windows and cleaned up the mess. (We bought new plates for the grill, don't worry). As I'm doing my order for the next day around ten pm, he comes back in, bandaged up and says "chef, can I help with anything?" Astonished, I couldn't reply. And he continued to explain that he went to his dealers house and got a"shit ton of oxycontin" snorted it so he could calm down and he just nodded out. "But its okay they gave me morphine so I can still work, and I'm a dumbass so don't worry about workers comp, I just want to still have a job."
Two weeks later he returned to work, sober and hasn't touched a drug or had a drink since. I arranged so that his hospital bills were paid, but he had no paid time off. One of the best employees and craziest mother ****ers I will ever meet.

If you enjoyed me sharing part of my past or gave you a laugh, can you help me and literally just take a picture of any receipt you got laying around you will also make $3 and another $2 for a second. If you don't like links you can go on appstore and search " Fetch Rewards" & signup using my code " NT8FXH " If not This is the link https://fetchrewards.onelink.me/vvv3...xt?code=NT8FXH. Thank you to anyone who decided to help another laying around due to less work around. Also leave a post of a story if you got one below.