Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parenting Ideologies and why?

Am still learning coz my babies are still babies.

Unsa man inyo mga parenting ideologies?

Default Re: Parenting Ideologies and why?

ako na gi edit ako post kay nakasabot nako after reading successive posts...

[font=calibri] I have yet to be a parent but one thing i learned from my own parents and from other parents is the value of naming your children right... so far too many couples have taken this responsibility without careful thought or true consideration, and thus placing an unworthy name on their child~!

Maybe its because I have a poet's nature that is why I value words and acknowledge the power of names. Names are more than labels, they can in a small but still significant way determine how a child reacts to the world and how the world will react to the child.

Have you ever meet a Bianca, Tanya, Tisha or Valerie who isn't pretty or confident? Or a Joseph, Richard, Gary who isn't goodlooking or suave? Or a uniquely named person like Jem, Mavreen, Alnald and Rushel who is terribly bright, does well in academics? No doubt there are exceptions to the generalization but often than most, a child will take on to his/her name like second skin.

So basically my first parental duty concerning my child will be saving a particular name for him or her which will carry my hopeful prayer for his/her future character, perhaps something like Teresa or Elizabeth, Elijah or Caleb... good solid names based on historical personas of shining nature.

Just my idea though, on good parenting: Give your newborn child a name s/he could live with, and perhaps to aspire to.

regarding the childs formative years make sure that u teach the child the proper values, give care ( health ), spiritual n moral guidance also s a must give the child the proper food! :mrgreen:

and the most important is love and attention!

DISCIPLINE WITH LOVE.......I ALWAYS DO THAT WITH MY CHILDREN.

re:diem

I agree with you. I myself don't like my name but many say they do. Maria Lourdes... I don't think my name fit me in many ways. Even when i was in my mother's womb i have always been over active. She would complain that I kick her on the side and her doctor swore i was a boy (no ultrasound back then) but I came out a girl. Early signs proved me to be an active child. I"m a little boyish but only boyish... never liked girls so far in my lifetime, although I've french kissed one, but nothing to it just a dare.

I insist people call me by my nickname coz i think it fits me better than my real name. Up til now, bugoyon pa gyud gihapon ko.

medyo taas2 ni but very nice ... from The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran...about Children...dedicated to all parents out there:

And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, "Speak to us of Children."
    And he said:
    Your children are not your children.
    They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
    They come through you but not from you,
    And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
    For they have their own thoughts.
    You may house their bodies but not their souls,
    For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
    For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
    You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
    The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
    For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Parenting Ideologies. Nice if you can mold children the way you want them to turn out but that is not always the case. Those kids develop their own mind, individuality and style when they become young adults, entirely separate from yours as a parent. So for parents might be more practical to develop good values and principles at home and let those values guide them as they advance and make life choices for themselves. The well-intentioned idea(s) for our children may not always be right for them.

let them learn but w/ guidance & enforce limitations w/out forcing too much as what my parents told me...i have a toddler so i have still have a lot to learn since this is also my first one...

i 100% agree with the Love and Discipline principle.

it's very important that children feel and experience how much they are loved and continued being loved by their parents inspite of what they do and accomplish. hugging, kissing, laughing and even cry together add up the definition of love for them to understand at the an early age. exposing them too to follow simple instructions or commands and being punished if they disobey will show them early in life that there are certain limitations and being rewarded if they do otherwise. as what i have learned and experienced that it's very important to explain to children before and after why they are being disciplined (a spank or two wont hurt a lot) and then letting them feel still very special by hugging and kissing.

and at the end of the day, i always make sure that i say i love you before my kids sleep and singing some songs they will always remember even if they grow older. here's the very special song i always sing to them. they don't need to necessary know the song literally but as time goes on they'll learn to value and appreciate the song.

Christmas Time

Christmas time oh-uh Christmas time
    Always near in my heart and mind
    Lord help me not to go astray
    But to live each day life Christmas day!

Yes! its a Christmas song! my favorite Christmas song since i was a child. i always hears it in the radio and have put a lot of hope and questions to my young mind. it tells about obedience, love of God and sincerity rolled into one.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast