Default Bad design and coding practices (antipatterns)

Hello,

I just want to share this url about software antipatterns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_antipatterns

Default Re: Bad design and coding practices (antipatterns)

thanks for the link..currently im study OO Design Patterns..so i think this link can provide more information as to the importance of design patterns plus more information as to what should not be done/ things to be vigilant about when designing and implementing systems..thanks

maybe off-topic...

from slashdot: \"Make sure you\'re irreplaceable -\' In the interests of creating employment opportunities in the Java programming field, I am passing on these tips from the masters on how to write code that is so difficult to maintain, that the people who come after you will take years to make even the simplest changes. Further, if you follow all these rules religiously, you will even guarantee yourself a lifetime of employment, since no one but you has a hope in hell of maintaining the code. Then again, if you followed all these rules religiously, even you wouldn\'t be able to maintain the code! You don\'t want to overdo this. Your code should not look hopelessly unmaintainable, just be that way. Otherwise it stands the risk of being rewritten or refactored. \"

How To Write Unmaintainable Code

how selfish. my reaction would be opposite. a coder who writes unmaintainable will be the first to be fired. writing code is easy anyway.

but that is just the way of things in the IT industry...
    refactor...and more refactor...
    that's my job
    heheheh ....

i agree..we hav to employ design patterns..for maintainability i guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter
    how selfish. my reaction would be opposite. a coder who writes unmaintainable will be the first to be fired. writing code is easy anyway.
    bitaw sakto ni..sa usa ka company o freelancer kaman, inig human ni mo sa project ayaw pag expect na di na masudnan lain version or pa add-ons from your customer or customize version..nya kung imo nang gigubot-gubut imong code...mora ra ka og nag bitik sa imong kaugalingong otot!

Software engineering is probably one of the most rewarding field albeit it is also one of the most complex. I couldn't understand why some people have to
    make it more complex by writing unmaintainable code.

I think the proponents of writing unmaintainable code are "disturbed" and I pity the companies who employ them for not knowing any better.

Quote Originally Posted by hombre
    maybe off-topic...

from slashdot: \"Make sure you\'re irreplaceable -\' In the interests of creating employment opportunities in the Java programming field, I am passing on these tips from the masters on how to write code that is so difficult to maintain, that the people who come after you will take years to make even the simplest changes. Further, if you follow all these rules religiously, you will even guarantee yourself a lifetime of employment, since no one but you has a hope in hell of maintaining the code. Then again, if you followed all these rules religiously, even you wouldn\'t be able to maintain the code! You don\'t want to overdo this. Your code should not look hopelessly unmaintainable, just be that way. Otherwise it stands the risk of being rewritten or refactored. \"

How To Write Unmaintainable Code
    sus nagbasa pa lang ko sa iyang guide... kng ako ang programmer asta ko dli kasabot sa ako design.

10.    Advertisement