Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Duterte to Putin: PH longing to be part of Europe

Duterte to Putin: PH longing to be part of Europe | INQUIRER.net

Good idea? Bad idea?

Russia is half Asia half Europe and is separated by the Ural Mountains,
    it should have been the EU if that is really the objective.

lol, di na kasaligan ang inquirer ts...

Blog Entries
    Gi boycott nana nako ang inquirer.. lol

--- as to the idea of it.

It's still a good idea.. What's behind the statement or agreement is business.. Import/export business from Philippines to Russia.

What's wrong with it?

Still, with Moscow's growing interest in the vast Southeast Asia region, having the populist President Duterte in charge of the country could provide the opportunity for the intensification of Russian-Philippine relations, even more so if the newly elected officials decide to reconsider their nation’s role as the second "unsinkable aircraft carrier" of the U.S. in East Asia. At least Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov thinks that, "The Philippines has a lot of potential as Russia's partner in the Asian region."

The two countries can work together as part of Russia’s general cooperation with ASEAN members. Judging by the winning party’s foreign policy rhetoric, under the new president, Moscow’s and Manila’s approaches to the resolution of East Asia crises (for example, the situation around the Korean Peninsula or territorial disputes) might converge.

Objectively, there is also room for increasing economic cooperation, even though its actual levels are quite low. In 2015, total Russian-Philippine trade turnover amounted to just $0.58 billion, a significant drop from $1.4 billion in the year earlier period. Unfortunately, commercial exchange between the two countries lacks diversification, as the supply of oil and petroleum products accounts for 88 percent of Russia’s export to the Philippines.

During the summer, the new administration - the most leftist government in the country’s history - will take over in the Philippines. Soon we will find out what will come of anticipated changes in Manila’s domestic and foreign policies, and if they might lead to an opening for Moscow.
    What a new president in the Philippines means for Russia | Russia Direct

He do have a sound opinion,
    somehow I agree if the affiliation is limited only within the confines of trade and commerce.
    If our trading with China would become healthy then it's not hard to reach Russia,
    China and Russia shared 4,209 km border.

Then PH will be required to take assylum seekers...

Blog Entries
    Russian dolls.......

we will have russian hookers coming over...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteKelso View Post
    we will have russian hookers coming over...
    Really BIG problem.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if it's just me but I think Duterte is hinting an economic union with Eurasian countries. If Russia and China would start such a thing, invite other ASEAN nations (for sure Vietnam would still on the fence) and non-EUs like Turkey, Albania, Macedonia ... more countries would join later on. With an election is on the horizon in Germany and with an uncertain foreign policy from the US, heck even TPP is still up in the air, this could be very possible to happen.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast