Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How Did You Get Out Of A Bad Relationship?

How Did You Get Out Of A Bad Relationship?

By : Bo Sanchez

Before me, my wife Marowe had another boyfriend.
    A relationship that lasted for 6 long, painful years.
    I say “painful” because her boyfriend was cheating on her again and again.
    Marowe would catch him red-handed with another girl, and so break off with him. Only to welcome him back when he pursues her again.
    “Why in the world did you take this two-timer back again?” I asked, my eyes popping. “It wasn’t the first time he fooled you.”
    “I thought I loved him,” she said, “but I realize now that I had a problem.”
    Her problem: Marowe suffered low self-worth. Here’s a universal principle about relationships—and life in general: We don’t get what we deserve; We get what we think we deserve.
    So she felt that she deserved a guy like this who hurt her constantly.
    But after 6 years, she woke up from her insanity. She simply couldn’t take it anymore. And she broke up with him for good.
    And for 4 years, she had no boyfriend. Nada. Zero. Nothing.
    She realized that having a boyfriend was almost like a crutch to her. She needed a boyfriend for her weak self-image. And not having one was going to be a healing experience.
    During those years without a boyfriend, she “found” herself. She served God. She went out with friends. She grew up. And in discovering who she was, she discovered the kind of man she really deserved.
    She deserved someone who wouldn’t hurt her, or cheat on her.
    She now believed that she deserved someone faithful. Someone mature. Someone loving. Someone responsible. Someone who would care for her deeply.
    And that was when she found me. (Ahem.)
    More accurately, that was when I found my One True Love.
    Here’s a key lesson: I’ve learned that without ending a bad relationship, there won’t be space for a good relationship to begin in your life.

nice short story..

maybe someone is interested to share their own story ....

ya a very nice story, all i could say finding someone who will love you is the one who cares,comforts,helps and is been trusted and makes you happy with a good moves, style and attitude

if it smells like sh*t, feels like sh*t and looks like sh*t then most probably it is sh*t... ayaw nag huwata nga ma usab pa ang porma og mahimong pan..

fool me once shame on you.. fool me twice shame on me.. fool me for 6 excruciating years makes me ask myself... what was I thinking?!!..

I don't want to hurt him.. but realy need to get out.. things are getting worse as years passby..

honestly until now im still into it

mka relate ko ani dah.....

I just shouted... "AAAAAH!!! kapuya ani kinabuhian oi!!!" and poof... it ends it all... nyahaha...

As discussed by Bo in his story ...."I’ve learned that without ending a bad relationship, there won’t be space for a good relationship to begin in your life"

to all out there who are in a missed up situation...any actions plans?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast