Western Digital launches WD TV Live, My Passport Studio and My Passport for Mac in Singapore by VR-Zone.com

This afternoon, Western Digital announced the launch of the WD TV Live, My Passport Studio and My Passport for Mac in Singapore. The WD TV Live streaming media player can connect to the Internet easily via Ethernet or wireless, and supports high definition video applications. The WD MyPassport portable hard drives come in compact form factor with high storage capacity options and are designed for use with Mac and Apple Time Machine.

Western Digital has launched their latest WD TV Live wireless streaming media player, WD My Passport Studio and My Passport for Mac portable hard drives in Singapore. The WD TV Live streaming media player is Wi-Fi enabled and can connect to the Internet via wireless or Ethernet connection. It features a new intuitive user interface and offers Internet content from services including Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, Dailymotion, Spotify (available only in USA), AccuWeather and even Shoutcast Radio. The media player also includes Fun Spot Games gaming service that has games such as Sudoku, Black Jack and Poker. Other features include DLNA-compatible, supports a wide variety of media formats and support any USB connected drives, digital camera, video camcorder and network drives.

The WD TV Live streaming media player is available at selected retailers at S$189 (PHP 6,615).

The ultra-copmact WD My Passport for Mac sports an elegant Mac-inspired finish and features high capacity storage options of up to 2TB. The WD My Passport for Mac is powered through USB2.0 and does not require additional cables or power source. The WD My Passport Studio, on the other hand, has an all-metal design and offers multiple connectivity options - two FireWire 800 and USB 2.0. It also allows users to daisy chain additional drives or other peripherals such as high definition camcorders, and features encryption and password protection software.

The WD My Passport for Mac and My Passport Studio are available at selected retailers at the following price tags:-

WD My Passport Studio
500GB - S$169
750GB - S$189
1TB - S$219

WD My Passport for Mac
500GB - S$119
750GB - S$129
1TB - S$159

1 Singapore Dollar = approx 35 Philippine Peso