Default Kinsa nka try diri ug web development using Ubuntu?

Kinsa nka try diri ug web development using Ubuntu?
    Share daw inyo na encounter na experience using ubuntu.

Im planning to use UbuntuStudio man gud and sometimes
    i make a website pero ga duha2x ko ky never been try using alternative OS since.
    Is it good to use with Ubuntu? How about sa crowse browsing stuff while checking up
    some CSS? Ok raba? Same bah output sa mozilla sa windows platform ug ang Ubuntu?
    Ga guha2x man gud ko gamit..Help me naman.. Share your experience daw..

anyone can share or is it good?

I use Ubuntu for a personal project at home.

Actually, I use Mac OS X from the office (when I'm vacant mu-kulikot ko gamay sa ako project then commit it to a remote SVN repository). When I'm at home I check-out the project using either Ubuntu or Windows (dual boot) depende if I want to play games after.

So I jump across three platforms for my project using Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows. It's a J2EE project so there's no problem with platform dependency.

In terms of back-end, I just noticed that Java builds faster in Mac OS X (derived from FreeBSD) and Ubuntu. Sa Windows ok ra sad pero mas hinay compared to the other two.

One thing I find difficult in Ubuntu is finding a good SQL Client like SQLYog w/c is only for Windows. Right now I'm trying Epectitus and it seems good but not as light-weight and fast as SQLYog.

Aside from that I prefer using Mac and Ubuntu for back-end development than Windows.

In terms of front-end, I prefer Mac and Windows because of Photoshop and Illustrator. I need both for gui stuff.

In terms of CSS, it's basically the same for all since it's really the browser that makes the difference. The problem lang with Mac and Ubuntu is that it doesn't have IE w/c is very very important when doing front-end development since majority of the users use IE. IE can cause headaches so you have to make your web-app compatible with IE at least from version 6 up.

So you might conclude that Windows is sufficient for development. It won't hurt if you have both Windows and Ubuntu on your machine and use them both for development. You can use one of those free SVN repository hostings so you can check-in and out your project from both OS.

Btw, whatever you have, there is always VMWare or Virtual Box - specially if you don't want to dual boot your pc, and as long as you have enough RAM (2gb at least)

mumatter jud gamay ang sa CSS sa linux na firefox compare sa windows na firefox. tungod sad na sa font gigamit nimo sa desktop

ahh moa bah... share pamo guys para naa sad ko idea more.

agree sa comment.. lahi man gud ang font sa windows and ubuntu

ahh i see...karun pako dah hehe thanks sa info guys..
    dako gyud kaau tabang. If naa pmo laing nabntayan or something
    na experience using w/ ubuntu. pls post more And what do u suggest.
    Thanks daan..

9.    Advertisement