Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default During a fight with your spouse, what's the right way to deal with it?

"dili angay pa-ugmaan ang away nga dili masulbad"

I've heard this once that when you're having a fight with your spouse you should end it right there and then. settle it as soon as possible, don't let another day pass by without solving the problem.

my take on this: I'd do the exact opposite. I'll wait until cooler heads prevail like after a good nights sleep. it's hard to tackle a problem head-on when both parties are fuming mad 'coz it may escalate into something that both will regret afterwards.

opinions, suggestions and objections are welcome..
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

Default Re: During a fight with your spouse, what's the right way to deal with it?

it's true much better if we let it cool first before discussing it. This is usually my weakness, i like to settle things right away coz dali raman ko maulian but my partner loves to get furious. Ambot, he takes pride in being maldito, he loves to insult and make me feel dako kaayo kog sala even unsa kagamay sa giawayan padak-on jud. Hahaay, much better if you have a partner like mine who loves escalating into a bigger fight, palayo sa mo when you have a fight then talk when you feel ok na. Sadly, if he has a very high pride na di mo-una ikaw nalang ang mo make sa move. Anyway, it takes two to tango. When you fight decision na ninyo duha to engage in that.

Default Re: During a fight with your spouse, what's the right way to deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ira_mae
    it's true much better if we let it cool first before discussing it. This is usually my weakness, i like to settle things right away coz dali raman ko maulian but my partner loves to get furious. Ambot, he takes pride in being maldito, he loves to insult and make me feel dako kaayo kog sala even unsa kagamay sa giawayan padak-on jud. Hahaay, much better if you have a partner like mine who loves escalating into a bigger fight, palayo sa mo when you have a fight then talk when you feel ok na. Sadly, if he has a very high pride na di mo-una ikaw nalang ang mo make sa move. Anyway, it takes two to tango. When you fight decision na ninyo duha to engage in that.
    that's true. it's better if one is fire and the other is water, meaning if one is getting mad the other party must try to be cool enough. It's best if you talk after a fight. I've been married for 18 years and i know how to deal with my partner. but still we have to adjust with each other. siguro unya na ta hunong ug adjust kung magamatay na lol. Mao lang gyud in marriage one has to give in otherwise if both of you will give up, that means the end to your relationship.

talk..settle..lower the pride..say ur sorry... :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by ira_mae
    Quote Originally Posted by purple
    that's true. it's better if one is fire and the other is water, meaning if one is getting mad the other party must try to be cool enough. It's best if you talk after a fight. I've been married for 18 years and i know how to deal with my partner. but still we have to adjust with each other. siguro unya na ta hunong ug adjust kung magamatay na lol. Mao lang gyud in marriage one has to give in otherwise if both of you will give up, that means the end to your relationship.

hmm you have a point ako gani run away mi misis uy problema bitaw ko run

First I listen to what his complains about and after that I will ask for my turn to talk. Now that both of us had expressed our thoughts, it's time to deal with the problem not in arguments but to discuss it and find a way to fix it.

depende na sa imong spouse. kung your spouse is the type nga kung masuko medyo dugay mo kalma, then murag di siguro angay nga inyo gyud e settle before mo mangatulog. kay basi mosamot hinuon ang gubot. paug-mai kay hopefully mo kalma ra na. kung di pa gyud mo kalma, maybe it's time to make parayg. maybe madala.

Quote Originally Posted by dtex

hmm you have a point ako gani run away mi misis uy problema bitaw ko run
    dtex, okay na mo? well sa mga guys, dali ra gyud na ang mga asawa maulian.We always wait for men to do the first move, mao na ako tip sa inyo. that's why you make an effort like you used to do when you are still courting your wife? tell me if it will not work.

cool down sa... try not to say any bad words nga ma regret nimo later like for example mahay ko nagminyo nimo...

When he's fuming mad, shut up.

Don't force the issue now. Let him cool down first before you can talk about it again.

Say sorry. It's doesnt matter who's right or wrong.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast