Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Is Rock n Roll really dead?

i feel so comfortable of playing rock n roll. applying some blues scale and some minor pentatonics....the genre is really cool...but why on earth only a few appreciates the music....

Is Rock n Roll really dead?

No it isn't. It's a cliche.

hahaay.....rock n' roll still & always played again & again by lots of artist especially ASAP @ abs-cbn... klaro ana

well it's a cliche genius and it is always played in asap wise lady...ang klaro karon kay most of the bands especially those new ones arising from outerspace...the new bands today doesn't even know jimmy page, jim morrison, the who and jimi hendrix and it's very ironic that only few bands can play some....

that's what i mean hippies....

Hippies

ROCK is still around.. unless you're deaf and or your radio broke... or someone tore out your cable connection. Rock music is being played everyday!
    You don't have to know Page, Morrison, Hendrix, and Pete Townshend (The Who) and play/cover their stuff (unless of course you're in a classic rock cover band) to play ROCK MUSIC
    You don't have to be in touch with the classic (Led Zep, Rush, The Who, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rolling Stones, etc...) to appreciate Rock Music......

Case in Point ... That girl from Evanescence didn't know who Jimmy Page was when she visited the Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleveland.. but regardless, she still makes decent rock and roll songs.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

i dont think amy lee (evanescence) makes decent rock and roll songs (i'm using using rock n roll as a genre here guys. don't get me wrong)... they play a kind of music that borders goth and ambient (spell check pls)... i dont think their music can be classified as rock n' roll... anyway, just my opinion...

Their music can't be ambient or new age even .... and it's not actually goth .... so it can't possibly border between the two. It's just plain rock.... If we're gonna be a bit more technical about things, the rock and roll genre covers a lot of grounds from ACDC to ZZ TOP... from CLASSIC ROCK to HEAVY METAL.. it all falls under ROCK.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

GooD Rockers know their influences and evanescence does not fall into rock and roll category.

they are sometimes considered as hardcore or something but rock and roll wtf!

try to watch almost famous or rockstar...k and you'll know what i really mean

The term ROCK comes from ROCK AND ROLL ... only made short.
    ROCK music covers a lot of ground (as I mentioned above) ... Hardcore is simply a sub-genre.. yet to label EVANESCENCE as HARD CORE is pretty much far-fetched since HARDCORE music typically pertains to EDGY PUNK stuff like CIRCLE JERKS, BLACK FLAG, ROLLINS BAND, BUTTHOLE SURFERS perhaps, etc....
    Now, if you compare EVANESCENCE's pseudo-goth approach to the music of HENRY ROLLINS... it's really way different... right?

By the way... ALMOST FAMOUS and ROCKSTAR really doesn't say anything TO ME .. ROCKSTAR may taken some ideas from JUDAS' PRIEST... ALMOST FAMOUS is merely about a kid lost in the rock and roll world........ TRY watching 24 HR. PARTY PEOPLE.

HARDCORE is an americanized OI! circle jerks,black flag, rollins band and especially butthole surfers are not hardcore bands...

HARDCORE is a punk sub-genre w/ an agressive political/social/environmental/etc... flavor on the lyrics... started out in new york and washington D.C. w/ bands like warzone, youth of today, strung-out and some other dischord (independent record label) bands. example of hardcore bands: earth crisis, bloodlet, atreyu, shutdown, grade (the old grade), vision of disorder etc...

anyways, our opinions may differ when it comes to the music of evanescenes (sounds ambient, neo-goth to me...) but i agree w/ you about ALMOST FAMOUS and ROCKSTAR. try to check out the movie S.L.C. PUNK (a movie about punks) or atleast AMERICAN HISTORY X for a background of a hardcore lifestyle (NEO-NAZI HARDCORE otherwise known as BLOOD AND HONOR or B&D)

OI! music is another story...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast