Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SMART BRO prepaid kit - P4,500 one time payment (use in any place in CEBU)

Has anybody tried this? 4,500 pesos and you just insert the device into your USB inserts and load it with prepaid. Looks like a good way to access internet if you are going with your friends to the beach and you need to check your emails. But I think this is costly than the normal 999 pesos per month post paid smart bro. it P10 per 30 minutes. hmmm internet access is 20 pesos per hour. its like accessing in an internet cafe but you need a laptop. you paid for the convenience of accessing while away from your home base...

Default Re: SMART BRO prepaid kit - P4,500 one time payment (use in any place in CEBU)

Globe has something like that for 2000/month unlimited access
    3G siya nga broadband modem
    1.4mbps

for that price, it's good for business people constantly on the move and needing internet access
    pero it's not for hardcore gamers & such

Default Re: SMART BRO prepaid kit - P4,500 one time payment (use in any place in CEBU)

mahala pud ani ui... gamit nlng ko sa ako fone nya ikonek sa laptop

Quote Originally Posted by jhay86
    So is it much cheaper connecting internet via cell phone or do you mean phone na landline lagi? kay kung landline, mas barato lagi.

ang kanang muconnect ka using your cellphone para na if you're Mobile. so if you want to access sa balay lang, better get a dsl/broadband connection as its faster and cheaper.

mas mahal man gyud na ang mobile connection(also slower) but this is the price you pay for Mobility.

so choose which option best suits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhay86
    agree

instead of paying 4500, palit nalang ka ug 3G or Edge capable phone then connect it to your laptop.
    maka browse pa ka, makatawag pa jud ka.

Great input, guys :mrgreen:

I’m really planning to get this one… But before buying one, i need to read more comments both constructive and destructive.

I worried becuz since its thru a mobile phone there would still be a great difference between using a real PC and a mobile phone. Issues like web caching, signal traffic, QoS(strong & reliable connection, no DCs), security, uncontrolled interferences, like bad weather, signal coverage, etc. etc.

The most important thing is, can it handle video/audio streaming or large file torrent downloads? I mean “384 kbps” is more than enough for it… but is it reliable?

-----------------------

Naa na bay nka try ani? Lahi man gud ang nka experience na sa mga "point-of-views" lng....
    Dili man sad na "thats the price i pay for mobility".... we pay for what we expect to get. we pay for what we know we can get. we pay for the service also...

anyone know any links? about the globe' counterpart ani?

Thnx in advance.

nindota mag3G sa smart oi, they charge me 10pesos an hour.. i have experience sometime ago ako load is 20pesos but nka3G internet ko for 4 hours hehehhe... smart is nice to me.... by d way im using N6680 as my modem then to laptop....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast