Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Does God really want us to go to heaven afterlife? If yes, what verse in the bible is it located?

This thread is intended for theist people only

I am so curious because there isnt seem to be a verse that can be found in the bible that clearly tells us that a save person would go to heaven to spend eternity.

Some people are not sure about their eternal destity, but some are, we may say, somehow advance because they can assure you they will go to heaven when they die because they claim are save already. But my question is not how to obtain salvation but a question of what salvation is for. In other word, what is the purpose of salvation? Is it, in order for us to go to heaven? So, what verse that says this?

Regardless, if you are sure or not sure of your salvation. Through your piosity, where are you heading to? Is it heaven? What verse supports this belief in the bible?
    Last edited by %75life4Him; 03-02-2013 at 09:09 PM.

pangutana ni? kay sure ko duna kay tubag ani

Quote Originally Posted by slabdans View Post
    pangutana ni? kay sure ko duna kay tubag ani
    Naa koy tubag bro. pero, ganahan sad ko ug lesson from you. Dugang kahibalo from others like you ba.

ahh ok...cge na mga theist...the floor is yours hehehe

Blog Entries
    Acts 4:12
    Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Here are 20 Bible verses about salvation, all of which are organized according to their placement in the Old and New Testament.
    Spoiler! 
    1 Chronicles 16:23
    23 Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.

Psalm 13:5
    5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Psalm 18:2
    2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 62:1-2
    1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Psalm 69:29 (#5 of 20 Bible Verses about Salvation)
    29 I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.

Psalm 71:15
    15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.

Psalm 74:12
    12 But you, O God, are my king from of old; you bring salvation upon the earth.

Psalm 95:1
    1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Psalm 118:21
    21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

Isaiah 33:2 (#10 of 20 Bible Verses about Salvation)
    2 O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Isaiah 56:1
    1 This is what the LORD says: "Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.

Lamentations 3:25-26
    25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Acts 4:12
    12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Acts 13:47
    47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Romans 1:16 (#1 of 20 Bible Verses about Salvation)
    16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Philippians 2:12-13
    12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Titus 2:11
    11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Hebrews 9:27-28
    27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

1 Peter 1:3-9
    3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Revelation 19:1 (#20o f 20 Bible Verses about Salvation)
    1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Sources

Biblegateway.com; New International Version

Visit also" InChrist Network" to know more about salvation. God bless you Ts.

Quote Originally Posted by %75life4Him View Post
    Naa koy tubag bro. pero, ganahan sad ko ug lesson from you. Dugang kahibalo from others like you ba.
    pagpa-ila usa TS kung asa ka ng christian denomination na belong?

bro just read the Bible, and understand the Word of God,, para mka sabot ka,,

The question is not if God is promising us heaven. The promise of heaven has always been there. The question is what we do in this life time to deserve to go to heaven. At times, what we feel or gut feeling is not enough. We need to study His word to be sure we are on the right tract.

TS salvation is what God does to men...u cannot obtain salvation, it's already done...all we have to do is to accept it...repent, and accept that we are a sinner and receive Jesus Christ as your only Lord and Saviour...i think these verses are enough TS...

John 10:28
    "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

John 14:6
    " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way , the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

religion

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast