Default unable to view bios page on this monitor lg 22" wtq

got this monitor a month ago.,however, whenever i tried going to the bios..i always use the vga cable coz if i use the div cable it will only say " digital power saving mode" then it will only display once its on the desktop..so i have to switch to vga cable all the time whenver i'll go to the bios...my mobo is abit ip35-e..please advice, vcard is 7600gt

Default Re: unable to view bios page on this monitor lg 22" wtq

Strange issue indeed, can you try testing it on a different LCD ?

Unfortunately the error happens pretty often if you have an nVidia graphics card and Windows Vista. That is because the drivers still have bugs and need lots of improvements.Like other companies, nVidia is rather slow in releasing proper drivers for Windows Vista.

I have same lcd monitor and had the same issue before. I had an old nvidia graphic card that only let me see the the bios or boot-up mode while using analog. The monitor will switch into power saving mode and the button of the monitor will turn into orange. sistoryanimo is probably right as im using an ATI video card right now and I can see the bios using my dvi cable in digital mode.

I also have the 19inch version of lg but it works well with my forsa 8800gts 320mb video card and also tried it with a inno3d 7600gt as I can see the bios using digital mode.

My previous video card that wont let me see the bios was a PALIT

could your video card be a PALIT 7600gt? maybe its a PALIT bug

Quote Originally Posted by istoryanimo
    Unfortunately the error happens pretty often if you have an nVidia graphics card and Windows Vista. That is because the drivers still have bugs and need lots of improvements.Like other companies, nVidia is rather slow in releasing proper drivers for Windows Vista.
    Did you bother reading the topic ?

He has display problems with his monitor upon entering the bios, that is not in anyway related to vista.

my vcard is 7600gt..i think it is Palit..unfortunately, got no other vcard nor monitor to try to..it's kinda annoying to switch cable if i need to change something in the bios..

Try changing your LCD, with another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by kwicksilver
    Try changing your LCD, with another brand.
    i think it would be cheaper to change the videocard rather than the LCD coz 22" costs 10K+ while some 8800 series cost only 8K+. just a suggestion though...

I have the same monitory (though not the same mobo and video card), and I use the DVI cable and can get into the BIOs without issue.

You can try using another DVI cable or another LCD monitor to see if it is indeed an issue with the LG.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

It's annoying that your LG 22 monitor only displays the BIOS through the VGA cable. While the DVI cable works for the desktop, it goes into power saving mode during good paper writing services boot. It seems like a quirk of the monitor. Luckily, your workaround of using the VGA cable for BIOS access is a good solution, even if a bit inconvenient.

11.    Advertisement