Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Blog Entries

Default among all the computer courses, which one do you consider the best of them all?

among all the computer courses, which one do you consider the best of them all?
    and why?

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    unsa pud d i best computer school diri cebu?

Computer Engineering - Hardware + Software

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Tin View Post
    Computer Engineering - Hardware + Software
    I agree, bt dont u ever depends on what d skul teaches you...
    as my instructor said, ang ge2dlo sa skul sabaw ra na, wlay labot ang unod...

Quote Originally Posted by ingkiang View Post
    I agree, bt dont u ever depends on what d skul teaches you...
    as my instructor said, ang ge2dlo sa skul sabaw ra na, wlay labot ang unod...
    mra ra man cgro na teaser ang e tudlo sa school na ra man ghpon sa sudent if unsaon na nya (explore, read, practice or wa lang)

still COMPUTER ENGINEERING

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    This is a very good question...very helpful enough, what course you’re planning to take… or maybe some additional insights which part of CS or IT that needs some build ups or improvement of being a student or young professional in IT industry, or whatever field where IT may evolves (I just couldn’t find if have though especially if we talk about business)

In my humble personal opinion, I prefer Computer Engineering (as what others say), For me they are exactly close enough to handle any IT jobs being mixed with Mechanical Engineers, Naval Architects, Civil Engineers, Marine Engineering & diversity…without getting left behind by CS or IT professionals.

They are equally multi-discipline, where they concentrate to build all those theories and ideas into working PHYSICAL systems.

COE is bundled with Mathematics, up to Differential Equation, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, and Mechanics plus Engineering Drawings which is now being replaced with AutoCAD. They are suitable enough to replace anyone who is in the field of serious engineering works and designs.

COE
    is bundled with Programming, Logic Circuit 1 & 2, Compiler, Computer System, EE 1,2,3&4, ECE 1&2, Design Thesis and VLSI , they can be place either in a serious development firm, whether in hardware or software especially if they will take serious part on their elective subject such as CISCO.

My observation in most CS and IT are tied up to Web development, seriously, try to look around... well, I’m not judging as a whole since there are some CS or IT who shines or improved a lot after taking up Masters or Doctorate Degree in Mathematics or Computing… some of it were mostly under by its Company trainings and workouts. Most of it, handle from small to large Business firm... Call Centers, Web Enterprises, Multimedia, Gaming, Movies and other Technical Centers. They are more focus in design or improving such existing Product, process it and deliver it to End user... roughly speaking...they tied up with theories and ideas, where its quite troublesome for them if it is possible to do so...

Just think about a new system will come out or being used by the designers in the field of Engineering (Architecture, Civil or Mechanical), to whom you would consider to use the system? That knows how the system works on top of your Core2Duo, 512MB Graphics, 2GB Memory under 2Mbps Network that knows if the output is correct where it involves Thermal Stress over Tensile strength, where the computer monitor is shown RED or BLUE, and how it was been derived using manual computation?

Think about a Network Engineer who came from CS or IT who was sent to visit the site and check what the heck happen to the network device on why isn't working as before. Examined and found out that the device was fine after plugging his laptop and successful ran his script for counter check. Well, only up to that I guess, not considering the surrounding if it is having an Interference where it has a nearby cell stations that affects the cable, without getting such knowledge talking about the possible range (radius) of frequency signals (The reason why critical network devices are place below the ground). I remember the famous NBC building which they ran their Network Cable nearby the Elevator from ground to up, they experience poor network activity from 9AM to 11AM… found out by CISCO practitioners from ECE department that it was due to the STATIC cause by the busy elevator at the time. None of the CS or IT professional able to discover that… who cares anyway, it never been taught on their curriculum regarding data transmission & types of interferences are... Well I guess, this is well documented though... but somehow the root of such discovery comes from Engineering field... which I guess proved that CS and IT must take some time to feed up from basic to intermediate knowledge and skills where engineers have been focusing for 5 years in their college.

Regarding school in Cebu, I think I’m going to choose University of Cebu, I know some good teachers there who both working and teaching. I don’t know from other school. My sister is currently at USC (1st year) and my brother is at UV (2nd year). I tried to compare them, but my sister is more able to catch up right away when I give them some tricky programming questions. I always told them to ask their teacher regarding work what kind of experiences they have… a teacher who wasn’t able to experience how stressful when it comes to deadline or rewriting your codes back to revision 0 because of sudden shift of technology, is not as effective when it comes to delivering or providing a broad range of idea to his students that somewhat ready his feet to knock on the company’s door.

What I hate in USC is that they develop their students with pressure… even the subject Economics, PE or Religion my sister needs to spent a lot of time going some places, and writing some documents… where it can be made lesser and focus more or stress them up exactly what a real CS or IT in the market world.

UV I don’t know… you heard them anyway. They’ve been teaching JAVA (no objection) but the lack of implementing such discipline makes their students lousy. Sorry for the word.

cheers.... ^_^

ur from UC mark?

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    hmm... part of me is UC (kaso drop out ako nung h.s. heheh) then I went back in UC during my first year in college where I met some teachers and group mates who influence me some great things... unfortunately, lumipat me somewhere in Luzon area. but I still able to keep in touch with them, In fact we had some projects before at EPSON.

OT 1st yr imong sis sa USC? wat course compE or CS/IT?

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    CS bro ...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast