Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PC won't turn on after power interruption

Hi guys,

I'm not that techie with computer hardware so I'm asking for help.

My brother was playing with the PC when he accidentally kicked the AVR. The PC shut down and won't load UP.

Strangely, when my sister tried to reboot it there was this unusual beep coming from the CPU. It sounds like a bell/buzzer. Long Buzz.

When they had it check sa ila Sir sa skul niingon nga problem with the video card daw. I was thinking before na it might be with its memory but i was wrong, the memory was working perfectly fine when i was plugged in to a diff computer. ( in addition to this, when i turn on ang PSU mugana man ang fan indicating na okay sia.)

And i don't have any idea on what to do. Am away from home but am planning to go home next week, so am asking if naa mo advise para ako icheck pag uli nko.

Honestly, i don't know the brand/name sa video card pero gina plug in sia sa PCI slot man daw 'to. (edited)

Please help. I would really appreciate it.

dili sia external one na ginagamit for gaming
    naglibog ko.dili sia external?on board ni?wa ko kasabot hehe

Basin sa pag kick sa AVR then napalong cya instantly possible na daut ang vcard. Sudden shutdown daghan kaayo mga daut na PC components ana.

unsa pa lain mutuyok?ang processor fan?ang fan sa videocard,if naa,di na mutuyok?

Quote Originally Posted by tashotasho View Post
    naglibog ko.dili sia external?on board ni?wa ko kasabot hehe
    aww sorry..mu unplug mo man sia from the slot(PCI slot) not really sure bro, wala pa man jud nko na open ang CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
    Basin sa pag kick sa AVR then napalong cya instantly possible na daut ang vcard. Sudden shutdown daghan kaayo mga daut na PC components ana.
    Ahmm...i think so, kay ingon man ang sir sa ako sister na basin videocard ang di mu gana..any ways para mu repair at least?

kong na tarug imong CPU ug apil try to check ang RAM nimo kay naa naman kaha beeping ibta lang nya taud balik make sure off ha kay ma short nya. then on balik kong naa ba beeping///

Quote Originally Posted by naborbong View Post
    kong na tarug imong CPU ug apil try to check ang RAM nimo kay naa naman kaha beeping ibta lang nya taud balik make sure off ha kay ma short nya. then on balik kong naa ba beeping///
    naka try na mi ana bro pero naa jud beep..and familiar man ko sa beep if RAM ang problem pero di sia same sa beep karun.

And gi test man sa ako sis ang RAM sa other PC and it works man

@rare_phoenix:

This is my friendly advice:
    Steps for troubleshoot your pc..

1. Try disassemble your PC.
    Remove the MOBO from the Casing
    Remove the PROC n HSF.
    Remove your External VC
    REmove your ram attach from MOBO.
    Once you remove all.

2. Then assemble it back the PROC n HSF in your MOBO.Try attach the PSU of your PC.
    Try it on.. ayaw tauri ug memory ug vc imong mobo. CHeck iyahang diagnose nga beep.
    long beep gani, then ram ang kulang sa imong mobo..

Before imo e attach ang ram sa mobo, clean the slot sa ram card n clean also the card using eraser.
    note: clean the copper of the ram...try on back the power then diagnose the beep.

kung mo beep pa gani kung na taud na tanan maybe MOBO na ang probs ana..

Quote Originally Posted by gennoske View Post
    @rare_phoenix:

This is my friendly advice:
    Steps for troubleshoot your pc..

1. Try disassemble your PC.
    Remove the MOBO from the Casing
    Remove the PROC n HSF.
    Remove your External VC
    REmove your ram attach from MOBO.
    Once you remove all.

2. Then assemble it back the PROC n HSF in your MOBO.Try attach the PSU of your PC.
    Try it on.. ayaw tauri ug memory ug vc imong mobo. CHeck iyahang diagnose nga beep.
    long beep gani, then ram ang kulang sa imong mobo..

Before imo e attach ang ram sa mobo, clean the slot sa ram card n clean also the card using eraser.
    note: clean the copper of the ram...try on back the power then diagnose the beep.

kung mo beep pa gani kung na taud na tanan maybe MOBO na ang probs ana..
    Tnx bro i will surely try that...worry lang nko ba, what if pag plug in sa video card mu-beep sia?does it call for replacement?or naa pa ways para ma repair?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast