Default How to take care of your PC on transit?

Would like some advise from you sirs and ma'ams regarding proper handling the PComputer in transit..
    kana bang mubyahe ba, unsay angay buhaton? aside sa naka box na sya, is it advisable to remove the HDD white on transit? dili mang gud ta kahibaw anang handling sa mga porters, labi na sa pier and airport. basin mahagbong ang PC inig karga gani? need your experties... thanks

Default Re: How to take care of your PC on transit?

I have had 2-3 computers transitted/shipped via various means. It all depends on the transit environmet, i.e., you are pesonally carrying the box, checked in at the airport as cargo, or shipped via a cargo handling company. Regardless, I recommend that you place the computer in a box, with lots of packing material ("styrofoam" etc.), and then placing this box inside another box lined with some more packing material. I'd leave the hard drive(s) installed. They are probably better off in that configuration. Same goes with the monitor. YMMV, but I have good results with this "double boxing" approach. The first time we checked in a single boxed computer at the airport as cargo, well, that was the last time we did that. It did boot when it got to its destination, but after reseating all of the cards and compromising its structural integrity (aka cracks of various degrees).

via cargo sa airplane bro,
    mao jud, it happen to my PC last december, daghan errors, had to reconfigure my PC na lang gud...
    double box, it's a good idea ah.. thanks bouypinoy.. :mrgreen:
    the reason why i ask kung i'll remove lang the HD ba kay naa mang gud tanang files sa sulod, i was thinking na mas maayo pa kung i-hand carry na ko kay dili mabun-og.. natice jud na ko ang box ga nagbong kay nalupyak man ang carton, naa nuoy foam ang sulod, pero mao lang gihapon daghang errors pag open na ko..

ang HDD isulod sa bubble cellophane, then pwede sad nimo tang tangon ang heatsink, ibilin lng ang CPU installed dili mna bug at... dilikado mn gud if naa ang heatsink kay bug at ra ba labi na ang copper based...

the worst cargo is sea cargo, kay ako mga package gikan taiwan bun og ang karton, may na lng ako gibubbles ang HDD ug gitangtang ang heatsink... original cartoon sa casing will help kay naa styrofoam nga makaresisit sa shock.....

the best is handcarry those item, palit ug gamay nga trolley... mga 300 something ra na... then put some rubber puzzle tiles as base para resist sa shocks and vibrations.....

good idea pud na da, i've only thought about the HDD, ang heatsink pud diay noh? thanks bro, i really appriciate your advice... :mrgreen:

Good point about valuable data in the hdd. If you have vital information on that hdd, might as well take it out, and put it in an antistatic wrap by the way, in addition to the bubble wrap.

naka tray ko pa freight sa una from cebu to zamboanga city, cpu ra nuon... k raman wala koy gipang tang-tang... pero naka box jud siya unya akong gipa crate pud...

then another case, when i went home last december, akong gi baggage check-in simply naka box lang pero akong gi kaliguan og "fragile" nga label hehehe unya akong gipang tanggal ang HSF, og video card... HD and other stuff, still pugged in... luckily, wala raman say mga errors...

pag balik nakog cebu, same ra gihapon, boxed unya tang-tang HSF og VC... kapuya lagi sige taud2x bailk sa procie oi...

8.    Advertisement