Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Death The Time of Your Life by Neil Gaiman

Nice stand-alone comic with sure narrative footing. The gibberish of second chances, reincarnation or karmic consequences. Plus the interesting concept of darkness illuminating the moments in our life where we are happier - darkness being the contrast that only makes those moments of joy matter. The art is fairly minimalist, the darkness throughout with the epilogue's opposing daylight setting. This is something worth shelling your PhP 25.00 in the ukay-ukay corner of NBS.

I just wonder if Gaiman is a faggot though. This is a lesbian comic.

An infuriated Magneto will reply to this thread. I know.

Default Re: Death The Time of Your Life by Neil Gaiman

meh.

DEATH is hott.

Kanang characters sa Time of your life, gikan na sa characters na ni appear sa Sandman: A GAME OF YOU.
    rich kaayo ang characters sa sandman, (ya, daghan silag money) and they have different tales.

Death is the coolest among the siblings . Gaiman is no faggot.. He is the dream king

Heh...never expected this comic to be so cheap. Found it in NBS a few months ago. I feel like it didn't deserve that amount.. but then again, Filbars overprices things. I guess...cheapness isn't such a bad thing.. *grins*

Biddle, Neil Gaiman is probably one of the best writers of ANY form today. Aside from writing comics, he wrote AMERICAN GODS, which is one of the most mindblowing novels I've read in recent years. He has also written for film (Mirrormask), and TV (Babylon V).

Why did you assume that Gaiman was gay? Because he writes with sophistication? That he writes females well?

Why did you consider this is a "lesbian" comic? Because the female characters spoke intelligent dialogue?

Gaiman gets into the heads of his characters and lets them speak for themselves. When he writes men, he writes men, when he writes women, he sees the world through their eyes.

That is not a sign of being gay. That is a sign of being a good writer.

A more mature person would have noticed that.

DEATH is my Disturbance
    DEATH is my desire
    DEATH is my daedals
    DEATH is my demonic
    DEATH is my DEATH
    thats why DEATH is DAINTY

Neil has a penchant for creating homosexual and asexual characters. He is not gay (in terms of his lifestyle choice -- he is a family man), but you can tell that he is in touch with his anima-animus.

Neil is, without a doubt, the greatest writer of our time.

yeah! BEAT THAT mrbiddle!

anyways, kaning inyo nakit-an na cheap version, ang tanan issues ni siya na na binded?

*sigh...still waiting for mirrormask, can't see any signs of it coming here...

dugay nako wa ka browse diri ..... anyway wa man - ako raman gisuway unsay reaction ni magneto villanueva, now i know...

That is not a sign of being gay. That is a sign of being a good writer.

A more mature person would have noticed that.
    Well, I did notice they don't all sound the same ("voice") ... and that's important in writing fiction. so he's no fag hag ok, cool. And also it's almost a GIVEN that a story's gotta have a good writer if the character's voices "sound" nothing like his own... I dont' know Gaiman,but if anyone else tends to lean towards the subject of homosexuality,I dont' think it's THAT presumptuous to assume that he/she is one... although if one remarks with haste it's a typical immature and juvenile line of reasoning and accusation so please don't think this is my excuse either.

Magneto,

usa raman tingali to nga issue akong napalit...

yeah went i went to manila during the neil fan fest neil and my uncle eat breakfast together in makati he is very open minded and down to earth person, i like his ideas specially when he told me "if u want to write a story or create a story dont think.. possiblities, imagine the imposible" thou im not a neil gaiman fan i still like the way he thinks

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast