Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default CocoPlans with DATAMEX scholarship - scam or not

FYI lang...I got htis text message just today and I googled right away.

DATAMEX is a legit educational thingy that offers short courses as far as I have read but beware of what pre-need products may be offered that needs to be purchased if they ask you for your credit card.

"Greetings! This is Ms.Rosalie Nicol of Cocoplans Inc. We are proudly informing you that you are one of our lucky recipient who is entitled to claim a two-year DATAMEX Scholarship Certificate with a free tuition fee, personal accident insurance and other rewards and privileges. Your security claiming code is MVS-26301-CCP. You may claim your certificate on or before August 14,2009 in our Makati business center. For more information,you may call us at 02-8563860/02-8563871. Thank you!"

-this is from a cellphone number +63932 4237395

The message is plain and simple.. you won, you claim. naay security claiming code pa, pero wala naman mention to bring verification ID's. If I call kaha their numbers, most likley I will be asked to bring a ID's and a credit card.... to bad for them kay wala ko sa manila plus wala sad ko credit card...hehehe!

I found this topic link that looks like the same scenario.. but as for now what I copied from my cellphone is just what I got.
    TipidPC.com | Cocoplans Free Scholarship Grant

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixes View Post
    FYI lang...I got htis text message just today and I googled right away.

DATAMEX is a legit educational thingy that offers short courses as far as I have read but beware of what pre-need products may be offered that needs to be purchased if they ask you for your credit card.

"Greetings! This is Ms.Rosalie Nicol of Cocoplans Inc. We are proudly informing you that you are one of our lucky recipient who is entitled to claim a two-year DATAMEX Scholarship Certificate with a free tuition fee, personal accident insurance and other rewards and privileges. Your security claiming code is MVS-26301-CCP. You may claim your certificate on or before August 14,2009 in our Makati business center. For more information,you may call us at 02-8563860/02-8563871. Thank you!"

-this is from a cellphone number +63932 4237395

The message is plain and simple.. you won, you claim. naay security claiming code pa, pero wala naman mention to bring verification ID's. If I call kaha their numbers, most likley I will be asked to bring a ID's and a credit card.... to bad for them kay wala ko sa manila plus wala sad ko credit card...hehehe!

I found this topic link that looks like the same scenario.. but as for now what I copied from my cellphone is just what I got.
    TipidPC.com | Cocoplans Free Scholarship Grant
    I had that txt message last week..Ambot lang..Maybe it's a scam or something..

same scenario but sa prudentialife healthcare inc lng xa...Nabiktima jd ko ani!should anyone advise me....

if you are being auto-charge sa imo credit card, you can approach your credit card provider and cancel the auto-charge thing same as if you gave them your bank account number and mu auto-debit sila.

sorry to say but whatever na ni charge na sa imo most likely dili na na sya mabalik nimo. ang imo na lang na ma stop nimo ug dili na mupadayon. after that basin tawag-tawagan ka k ngano wala na ka bayad bayd ug kinahanglan na mubayd ka.. ingna na wala jud kay means para bayad nila nya mu undang ra na sila after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by jalem1305 View Post
    same scenario but sa prudentialife healthcare inc lng xa...Nabiktima jd ko ani!should anyone advise me....

klaro jud na scam ai...thanks TS for the info

It's really a SCAM...disregard that message..

its not a scam. i've got one too. nakuha na naku ako personal accident ug scholarship. w/o paying anything or asking your credit card number. mooffer lang cla ug ganahan baka muapply ug trustfund sa ila but i refuse. they require me to bring i.d. atleast two. plus ang claiming code. cocoplans are sister compny of ucpb. maybe sa imo dli to cla connected sa cocoplans ky txt rman. gitwagan man jud ko. and explain to me everything. if your still not contented you can go to their office at 6th floor cocoplan building(cp center) ner chonghua and ask some details. hope this could clear things out.

thanks sa info.. mura dili to tinuod akoa k manila man na ofc daw sila, nya i never have lived in manila a few trips every now and then pero not for the past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by preciousmavs View Post
    its not a scam. i've got one too. nakuha na naku ako personal accident ug scholarship. w/o paying anything or asking your credit card number. mooffer lang cla ug ganahan baka muapply ug trustfund sa ila but i refuse. they require me to bring i.d. atleast two. plus ang claiming code. cocoplans are sister compny of ucpb. maybe sa imo dli to cla connected sa cocoplans ky txt rman. gitwagan man jud ko. and explain to me everything. if your still not contented you can go to their office at 6th floor cocoplan building(cp center) ner chonghua and ask some details. hope this could clear things out.

mine was different. it was PRUDENTIAL MARKETING RESOURCES CORP's ( PMRC)customer service who called me up two months ago lng and told me that i was granted by Datamex College dris cebu for a scholarship. First i was hessitant to get the certificate from their office in Keppel Ayala but the agent kept in calling me that i should get it coz sayang daw. So, niadto na lng ko. Keppel mn pod daw ang ofis so reliable. Pag abot nkos ila office i was entertained by this gay person ambot unsay ngalan atong bayota then offered me their insurance blah blah blah..g tabangan kog duha ka bayot. in short nailad ko ug g naswipe ako card. murag kog nahypnotize atong panahona.the amount was 12546.59 og g papirmaha kog papel nga non refundable. pag gawas nko sa bldg. mura kog naglutaw. wa ko katulog anang gbi ona. but within that day nanawag kos citibank asking for cancellation but no avail and then pagka ugma daun june 2, 2009 nghimo kog letter sa PMRC pra e cancel nya ngbuhat sad kog letter of dispute sa citibank pra lng gyud macancel tong g swipe nila.

INTAWN wa gyuy nahitabo. la g honor sa citibank ug wa dawata sa PMRC ako rqst for cancellation. sakit kaayo ako dughan intawn. unsaon na lng mn ni nkog bayad nga wa mn ko kauyon aning ilang insurance policy.or not in my own will nga mukuha ko atong insurance!

KRUN CGE lng ko likay likay ig tawag sa ako sa citibank. likay likay portion ang drama . paita. la ko choice but not to pay sa citibank.d mn gyud ko bayad bahala na! mao ra sad nga bill ang nakareflect dd2. kato rang 12t kapin unta.

kanndot mn unta sa ako record sa citibank i always pay them nga way balance.gna bayaran nko tanan ako bills. pero nadaut tungod anang way ayong Prudential!

unya ang imo scholarship sis? datamex is acredited by tesda.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast