Thread: blink broke up

Default blink broke up

okay! i know the news is kinda late.(*maybe) i haven't figured out the real score but it's really sad knowing that the band broke. i just heard the darn news lately, just today actually(november 4). someone from the band (probably mark hoppus) declared that it is indeed over. hoszchit!

Default Re: blink broke up

Blink 182 frontman Tom DeLonge released a statement on Friday (September 16) in which he updated fans on the status of the debut album from his new band, Angels And Airwaves. The statement began, "For the past six months, Tom DeLonge has been in the studio preparing the greatest rock-n-roll revolution for this generation," while DeLonge himself wrote, "’I love my fans, and I promise, I will not let you down. The music that we all grew to cherish that was made, not only will continue, but it will be much, much better. All I can say is hold on, and prepare...’"

DeLonge's only other recent comments were posted at the Angels And Airwaves page on MySpace.com, which read in part, "I have a new band...and it is the most amazing music I have ever made by a long shot. I am two songs from finishing the best f--king album anybody has heard in 20 years."

DeLonge also wrote that his new music was "much more powerful, emotional and melodic" than anything he had done with Blink-182 or his previous side project, Box Car Racer. The comments at MySpace.com have since been taken down, according to MTV.com.

There's no word yet on when the Angels And Airwaves album will be released. DeLonge has kept a low profile since Blink 182 went on "indefinite hiatus" last February, and has not done any interviews or made any public appearances.

Meanwhile, Blink drummer Travis Barker has appeared in his own MTV reality series, Meet The Barkers, and released a second album from his other band, the Transplants. Barker and Blink bassist Mark Hoppus are also currently working together on a new project called Plus 44.

source: Blink 182 News on Yahoo! Music

hehe. i'm a sucker for knowing this only now.

cool. at least they're still making music tho not together.

F* these guys are so emo. i really loved them, though. huhu. oh well. i will miss the three together!

5.    Advertisement