Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Which do you prefer--audiobook or book in print?

I recently discovered that audiobooks lull me to sleep. I also prefer books in print because I can always go back to previous pages, lines, or words, or pause and reflect/digest. In other words, I have more control over the pace of my reading/learning.

Default Re: Which do you prefer--audiobook or book in print?

never tried audiobooks..i surmise it's like listening to radio drama, hehe...i prefer books in print because i get to mark the pages, scribble notes and the risk of keeping them for a long time is lesser compared to keeping CDs or tapes (audiobooks), w/c are susceptible to damage due to it's fragile nature...like, a little scratch on the CD..

* Have tried audio books. Di ko malingaw. I still prefer the good old books in print. :mrgreen:

mas moprefer dyud ko'g books in print pero sa pagka karon nga pirme lang kapoy ako mata... my eyes are struggling to stay awake... kulang sa tulog, nya kulang sad seguro ko's vitamin a o unsa ba... so right now audiobooks sound appealing.

I tried my first audiobook with Da Vinci Code and it twas the first book I finished either.
    Advantages:
    - For busy people who couldn't find time to read coz i only listen to it while traveling from home to office and vice versa(either mag-jip or magdrive - via ipod), utilizing unproductive 1 hr of my day.
    - Won't let me sleep coz i'm traveling
    - No eye strains
    - Yup, it's like listen to a radio drama. The funny thing is when it's on the thrilling part, ang kasakay nimo sa jip mahibung lang nga magsiga imong mata sa kathrilling.

Disadvantages:
    - When voice actors speak fast, especially italian/french characters speaking english, sige ka ug rewind gamay to clarify what has been said
    - If you need to clarify words, you'll have to remember it, or have a notepad to write it down
    - Only good for suspense-like books kay ug developmental or naration book lang, it wouldn't be that much interesting siguro

Next audiobook project - Angels and Demons, Deception point...

Any other books with audiobook you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by onin111
    I tried my first audiobook with Da Vinci Code and it twas the first book I finished either.
    Advantages:
    - For busy people who couldn't find time to read coz i only listen to it while traveling from home to office and vice versa(either mag-jip or magdrive - via ipod), utilizing unproductive 1 hr of my day.
    - Won't let me sleep coz i'm traveling
    - No eye strains
    - Yup, it's like listen to a radio drama. The funny thing is when it's on the thrilling part, ang kasakay nimo sa jip mahibung lang nga magsiga imong mata sa kathrilling.

Disadvantages:
    - When voice actors speak fast, especially italian/french characters speaking english, sige ka ug rewind gamay to clarify what has been said
    - If you need to clarify words, you'll have to remember it, or have a notepad to write it down
    - Only good for suspense-like books kay ug developmental or naration book lang, it wouldn't be that much interesting siguro

Next audiobook project - Angels and Demons, Deception point...

Any other books with audiobook you can recommend?

hahaha makarelate man pud ko nimo bai. ana sad ko tung nag work pako sa UBX Mactan, ang total travel time nko everyday is around 2hrs+ nya naghunahuna ko nga unsa akong pde buhaton kung naa ko sa jip kay kalas kaayo oras, ang solusyon audio books

First nahuman nko kay Teeth of the Tiger(sakto ba?) by Tom Clancy, and the rest will follow.

mayka ang ipod naay rewind, ako mp3 player wa man, pero makuha raman pud nko ang story. Lingaw sad baya nya kung ang work nimo balik balik ra pde raka maminaw sa audio book passively hehehe'

lami kaau ang feeling nga nakahuman ka ug novel nga halos wa kay gibuhat hehehe

btw did you have Big headphones when riding the jeep? ako kay earphones raman, nya medyo sakit lng sa ears pagkadugayan kay full volume man kay saba ang background

wer can u dl audiobooks? s it 4 free?

ahhhmmmm mods are watching

hehehe ok wer can u buy dem? pm me

book in print... read and re-read it even without electricity or wasting batteries... very handy!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast