Default Nissan Navara airbag problems

Hello istroyans

I have a problem with my airbag light in my dashboard, it suddenly was flashing while i was driving, i didnt do anything to the car, it just suddenly lit up and started blinking.

I immidiately called Nissan for some help, they quoted me php 1500 just to check it, and a probable 15000php if a sensor needs replacing. My car is the Nissan Navara 4x4 Le m/t,

So i checked the net cuz i wanted to DIY,i found out it was a common occurence for the sensor to trip randomly and there was a simple method to reset it, if you reset the sensor and the blinking stops then you have no problem but after you succesfully reset the sensor and the light still blinks, then you have to replace the sensor which is 15k (ouch)

Here is how i did it

Thank you Nissan-navara.net, you have saved me 15000php worth of service from my airbag sensor, hahah

Airbag reset method.
    RESET METHOD:

If you have the airbag light blinking here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

Thank you jud
    Last edited by kemalzeppy; 08-14-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Default Re: Nissan Navara airbag problems

It really works

good for you sir.. 15k is a lot of money.. it pays to be resourceful and do a little research..

Blog Entries

mao nay naka pait sa casa gud, bisan simple ra kaau grabe kaau mo charge. mo charge lang unta sila og kana barato2 lang total this wont take 20mins i guess.

karado raba ani kay mo ingon sila na ilisanan, faet.... pa gastoon jud ka.

Quote Originally Posted by xeoxander01 View Post
    good for you sir.. 15k is a lot of money.. it pays to be resourceful and do a little research..
    Ma gamit ra ang reset if you accidentally discoonected the sensor, or disconnected the hors, specially mag ilis ka og serbato, but if naa juy defect ang airbag bisan na reset na nimu, mu flash gi hapun siya

Probable causes if mu flash after reset,
    1- spiral wire is defective, you need this replaced about 9k
    2- air bag sensor defective about 15k

Based on nissan qoutes, kung pa reset ka, it costs 1.5k just to reset.

6.    Advertisement