Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It seems that this was too good of a life lesson not to pass on!

It seems that this was too good of a life lesson not to pass on!

A carrot, an egg and a cup of coffee... You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was
    going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil.
    In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.

Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me, what do you see?"

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft.

The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then
    asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.

The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its
    inside became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and
    change the situation around you.

When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity?
    Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes alongtheir way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of
    your past failures and heartaches.

"It's easier to build a child than repair an adult."

You might want to send this message to those people who mean something to you (I JUST DID); to those who have touched your life in one way or another; to those who make you smile when you really need it; to those who make you see the brighter side of things when you are really down; to those whose friendship you appreciate; to those who are so meaningful in your life.

If you don't send it, you will just miss out on the opportunity to brighten someone's day with this message!

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

Default Re: It seems that this was too good of a life lesson not to pass on!

Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God have to do this to me?" Here is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her bestfriend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake"

"Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers. "Yuck" says her daughter.
    "How about a couple of raw eggs?"
    "Gross,Mom!"
    "Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
    "Mom, those are all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful! :mrgreen:

God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

I HOPE YOUR DAY IS A PIECE OF CAKE!

very encouraging words sis.. it warmed my heart. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by babyku|it

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you.
    now, i have an explanation to defend my caffeine addiction. each cup will forever remind me to be like the coffeebean in my espresso

very nice inspiring

The doctor walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing, who was still groggy from surgery.Â* Holding hands, she and her husband, David, braced themselves for the latest news.Â* That afternoon of March 10, 1991, complications had forced Diana, only 24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency Cesarean to deliver their new daughter, Dana Lu Blessing.

http://web.knoxnews.com/silence/archives/premature.jpg

At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound nine ounces, they already knew she was perilously premature. Still, the doctor's soft words dropped like bombs.

"I don't think she's going to make it," he said, as kindly as he could. "There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future could be a very cruel one"

http://www.defrance.org/images/0,,2005410160,00.jpg

Numb with disbelief, David and Diana listened as the doctor described the devastating problems Dana would likely face if she survived.Â* She would never walk, she would never talk, she would probably be blind, and she would certainly be prone to other catastrophic conditions from cerebral palsy to complete mental retardation, and on and on.

http://www.cookeville.com/images/J

"No! No!" was all Diana could say.
    She and David, with their 5-year-old son Dustin, had long dreamed of the day they would have a daughter to become a family of four, and now, within a matter of hours, that dream was slipping
    away.Â*

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5047598,00.jpg

As those first days passed, a new agony set in for David and Diana.Â* Dana's underdeveloped nervous system was essentially 'raw', and the lightest kiss or caress only intensified her discomfort, so they couldn't even cradle their tiny baby girl against their chests to offer the strength of their love. All they could do, as Dana struggled alone beneath the ultraviolet light in the tangle of tubes and wires, was to pray that God would stay close to their precious little girl.
    There was never a moment when Dana suddenly grew stronger.Â* But as the weeks went by, she did slowly gain an ounce of weight here and an ounce of strength there.

http://www.frontlineint.com/ringofconfidencesml.jpg

At last, when Dana turned two months old, her parents were able to hold her in their arms for the very first time.Â* And two months later, though doctors continued to gently but grimly warn that her chances of surviving, much less living any kind of normal life were next to zero, Dana went home from the hospital, just as her mother had predicted.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5023574,00.jpg

Five years later, when Dana was a petite but feisty young girl with glittering gray eyes and an unquenchable zest for life.Â* She showed no signs whatsoever of any mental or physical impairment.Â* Simply, she was everything a little girl can be and more. But that happy ending is far from the end of her story.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/imageDe...ldren-cloth%20

One blistering afternoon in the summer of 1996 near her home in Irving, Texas, Dana was sitting in her mother's lap in the bleachers of a local ball park where her brother, Dustin's baseball team was practicing.Â* As always, Dana was chattering nonstop with her mother and several other adults sitting nearby when she suddenly fell silent. Hugging her arms across her chest, little Dana asked, "Do you smell that?"
    Smelling the air and detecting the approach of a thunderstorm, Diana replied, "Yes, it smells like rain."
    Dana closed her eyes and again asked, "Do you smell that?"
    Once again, her mother replied, "Yes, I think we're about to get wet. It smells like rain."
    Still caught in the moment, Dana shook her head, patted her thin shoulders with her small hands and loudly announced, "No, it smells like Him.Â* It smells like God when you lay your head on His chest."
    http://life-in-christ.org/Pages/Beli...ges/Jesus3.gif
    Tears blurred Diana's eyes as Dana happily hopped down to play with the other children. Before the rains came, her daughter's words confirmed what Diana and all the members of the extended Blessing family had known, at least in their hearts, all along.Â* During those long days and nights of her first two months of her life, when her nerves were too sensitive for them to touch her, God was holding Dana on His chest, and it is His loving scent that she remembers so well.

so nice..it's like food for the lonely, depressed souls..

nice....i like it...

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you....

wow....... na inspired kow.. im a coffee bean NOW.

nice stories.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast