Default DASH Diet: Who's in to it? Share your low-sodium recipes and other tips here.

The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is a dietary pattern promoted by the U.S.-based National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (part of the National Institutes of Health, an agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services) to prevent and control hypertension.

I am currently on my 3rd day on a DASH Diet low-sodium version and I am really getting good results every time I check my blood pressure. My only concern is, I am running out of low-sodium recipes that will help me with my DASH Diet. If you have some tips or recipes that will help us maintain our DASH diet, please share them by posting.

Thanks.

For more info about DASH Diet, please see link below;
    What Is the DASH Eating Plan? - NHLBI, NIH
    Last edited by twEATer; 01-24-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Keep track of your sodium intake. Maximum should be 1500mg if you want to achieve a lower blood pressure in two weeks. Share your experiences here.

Hapit na ko mag-DASH diet. Hahaha. Bitaw at the age of 21, murag nibati na gid kog hpn bah. phew. law-oy nako cge ani.

Lisuda i-diet dyud oi. KFC is so tempting. hehehe Kaya natin to!

DASH diet helps teen girls battle the bulge

It's the diet to follow if you have high blood pressure. The DASH diet - plentiful in fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy and whole grains - has been proven to lower blood pressure quickly and dramatically in adults with mild to moderate hypertension. (DASH stands for dietary approaches to stop hypertension.)
    DASH diet helps teen girls battle the bulge - The Globe and Mail

existing na man ni nga thread before ...

ask lang ko.. hypertensive ka ts? pila imo edad diay? nag med research man gud ko sa hypertension. pila imo potassium?

Wala man ko nakita nga thread. If naa, please mods ato i-merge. @Passport PM me na lang sa imu questions. Murag mas ok nako sa PM ni tubagon imu questions.

It’s a Buyer’s Market!

Although there are areas of the country where farmers’ markets feature loads of fresh vegetables year round, those of us who live in regions with a different set of blessings experience long stretches when farmers’ markets (at least those that remain open) offer only cider, apples, root vegetables, frozen meat and things like candles and sweaters made of the coarsest wool. Which is all fine, but it mostly serves to enhance the excitement we can feel when we hit the big time: a farmers’ market loaded with stuff that was picked not only nearby but yesterday.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/ma...rket.html?_r=0

hello every one i am using herbalife a my meal. i already lost 84lbs and 13 3/4 inches https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...79005216_n.jpg a picture of me message me if interested

fruits..............

11.    Advertisement