Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default GMA asks all of her cabinet members to resign

d ba one of the strong points of GMA pagka karon kay ang iya mang cabinet members...

Ngano iya man hinoon gipa-resign?

as LytSlpr stated:

Quote Originally Posted by LytSlpr
    mao lang ni ang huna-hunaa, dyutay ra kaayo ang mga intellectuals "kuno" sa oposisyon compared sa think tanks sa cabinet ni Gloria nga mga ngilngig kaayo ug qualifications.

Default Re: GMA asks all of her cabinet members to resign

basin mo resign na unta sila, gi preempt lang tingali ni Ate Glo para dili kaayo ngil-ad pamnawon, frankly, I'm disappointed with her speech, instead of a direct action, she passed the buck!!!

na onsa na man tawn na siya oi... tsk... tsk... tsk...

samot na jud hinoon ko dili ka too nga she cared for the country.

but to be fair, she said...

I'll ask our sectors to give me the names of candidates that we can invite to replace those who will not return to the cabinet, or even to help out at other levels of the executive.

Second, the cabinet will be given a free hand on governance, while I focus on the fundamental changes that we need to put in place.

hopefully matinuod ni...

Default Glo won’t quit, sacks Cabinet.

Glo won’t quit, sacks Cabinet.

MANILA -President Arroyo last ight rejected calls from various sectors for her to resign, but instead asked her entire Cabinet to quit to give her a free hand in implementing reforms.

In an address broadcast nationwide, she announced a three-fold strategy to institute “fundamental changes” that include working with Congress to change the form of government and reaching out to her political opponents and civil society.

“I will not resign my office,” Arroyo said, 10 days after she apologized to the nation for improperly calling an election official during the May 2004 presidential poll. Her conversations were wiretapped.

“I am asking my entire Cabinet to tender their resignations in order to give the executive a free hand to reorganize itself,” Arroyo said.

“This is neither political ploy nor a gimmick. I believe that this process will quickly lay the foundation for deep reforms in our society,” she said.

Resolution

However, Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez said in a TV interview that some Cabinet members have already signified that they wanted to resign, even before the President made the speech.

House Minority Leader Francisco Escudero also said Arroyo’s announcement was a preemptive move.

The President said she was supposed to outline the approaches to solve the nation’s problems during her State of the Nation Address on July 25, but she is bringing this up early because “the country is hungry for a resolution.”

In an earlier speech during an awards ceremony for exemplary women and members of the police force, the President also said she remains in charge, despite her administration’s crisis.

“Yes, I can govern, and I am governing, whereas our opponents can only sit down and raise controversies at the expense of our poor, because they seek to turn down our society,” she said.

Caretaker

However, former president Fidel Ramos proposed that Arroyo assume the role of “caretaker” until a new government would be established in 2006.

Speaking at a forum in Makati City, Ramos outlined the steps to establish a parliamentary form of government to replace the current presidential system.

“The President and the others making a sacrifice to save the nation will be in the role of taking care of the country until the time comes,” Ramos said.

“It’s not just face-saving (for Arroyo), it is a breathing spell. It will be a graceful exit,” said Ramos, an Arroyo ally.

In her address over Radyo ng Bayan, Arroyo said she would work with Congress to immediately amend the Constitution and to shift to a federal system of government.

She said the political system has degenerated to such an extent that there are endless investigations and scandals “in aid of politics and media projection, rather than in aid of legislation or executive action.”

National interest

The wiretapping scandal is the subject of a joint House inquiry. Virgilio Garcillano, the former election official the President called up, will be summoned to attend the hearing.

An influential group of Catholic schools, meanwhile, said it is up to the President to decide whether she will resign from her post.

“The issue is something that we will leave to you…that your conscience should address…what is good for the nation,” said the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP), whose members include the Ateneo de Manila University and the De La Salle University.

In Cebu, a coalition of nongovernment organizations and political and religious groups will launch the Gloria Step Down Movement today.

However, 56 of 79 governors also threw their support behind Arroyo.

The governors grouped under the League of Provinces said they believed she did not cheat in the election.

Will secede

They threatened to secede from the republic should “Imperial Manila” force Arroyo’s ouster.

Arroyo also said she did not expect the civil society to ask for her resignation and form a “truth commission” regarding some of her political actions.

“Shameless people have peddled the lie that I confessed to cheating,” she said, adding that her talk with “an election official” happened after the certificates of canvass (COCs) had been used to proclaim the winning senators.

“It was those same COCs that showed that I won by around a million votes. That is the truth,”
    she said.

She said her apology last June 27 was against the advice of her legal counsel but she did it because she felt it was the right thing to do.

(AFP/Sunnex)

Default Re: Glo won’t quit, sacks Cabinet.

wala kaha ta na double ani?

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Threads Merged.

thanks vern...

this is better than proclaiming martial law. she will handle everything "for the meantime". i think she is revamping even her own cabinet. kumbaga she wants to start from scratch. this is a very bold move by the president and i think she know what she is doing.

if her cabinet are selfish they will immediately switch to the opposition but i think she is confident.

tan-awon nato kinsa ning mo tender jud onta og resignation karong adlawa.

pre-emptive move man kono ni GMA.

The President spoke amid reports that two key Cabinet ministers were set to resign within the next 48 hours and had sought to persuade religious leaders to intervene to persuade that she stand down.

Bro. Manuel de Leon, vice chair of the Association of Major Religious Superiors of the Philippines (AMRSP), earlier told the Inquirer that the two secretaries who were well respected in business and the religious circles were "convinced that the President has lost moral ground." Ten other secretaries were also poised to follow suit.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast