Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default advise to jobseekers

hi guys! I just want to advise those people who wants to land a job here in Cebu. One IMPORTANT thing that all of us should bear in mind : KNOW the company, as well as the people who runs the company. I'm pretty sure that all of us wants to work in a company with good reputation and we don't wanna work in a crappy company with low salary. I know a person who had a bad experience with a crappy company somewhere in Alang-alang, Mandaue. It is an ink-toner re-manufacturing company (I won't mention the name but pretty sure some people knows this. The company is situated in a creepy apartment (parang bahay lang). That person applied in that crappy company and was informed by their HR that they offer Manila rates for new hires and that new hires for sales department (A department composed of 3 or 4 people with an insecure sales head) will undergo training during the first days of work. When the new hires started their first day of duty,they were informed that Manila rates are only for hires coming from Manila, which was contrary to what they've promised. Worse, new hires did not undergo training. No orientation of the products that they will sell to clients. They were even sent to a business meeting. How will these sales representatives answer the queries of their clients, the fact that they were not given an orientation? Makes sense?

Another worse thing that happened. One day a big fat lady from Manila came. She was the "owner" / "CEO"/ "Proprietor" of the said company. Where in fact she is just a mistress of the REAL owner and she was sent here in Cebu to supervise the branch ( I think the proper term is Supervisor or Manager). The "Proprietor" is an arrogant lady and she keeps on nagging the whole day from 8 am till 5 pm. Can people imagine working in an environment like that? Very unprofessional, All day you can hear the term "*ang ina nyo". Not to mention the "pasipsip" employees there.

Recently, she imposed that employees who do not have sales for the month will be stripped 75% of their salaries since they are unproductive. Is that action even legal? As what I know according to The Labor Code of the Philippines, the salary of an employee will not be deducted unless an employees was absent or late for that particular period. Commission, is what I think that wont be given to sales employees who didn't reached the sales cota or didn't even had a sale. In my opinion with this company, the "proprietor is treating their Ink-Toner Re-manufacturing business as a Sari-Sari store where they can do whatever they want to do. It is very frustrating to see for those employees who are working in that company, working 6 days a week, in a very UNPROFESSIONAL and crappy company yet salary is just minimum. Sales incentive is just roughly around 50 Php for every item sold. It is very ironic for a sales company to have incentive scheme like that. If people would ask me if I could recommend a place to work, I will just say working somewhere else but do not work in that company in Alang-alang.

Again, a piece of advise to jobseekers: please know the company that you will apply to and the people you will be working with for the next days, months, or years. You might regret it, or worse you may also become unprofessional like them.

Default Re: advise to jobseekers

hasol maging jobseeker no? create your own bizness na lang.

ana judna mangita work,kapuuy jud.if na ka pohonan,paghimo nalang businezzzzz...

daghan pa jud requirements. ok ra unta one id ra then medical exam.

sauna resume ra man pangitaan sa mag apply kag work.. karon kay tanang mga credentials sa imo pagkatao na ang gikinahanglan sa mga kumpanya..

sauna ang mga company tan-awon man ang aplikante based sa iya performance ug ka resourcefulness.. karon ang kasagaran sa mga company dili na nako masabtan kung unsa jud ila ginapangita..

faeta sad anang styla, oltima dili kahimo og sales kuhaan pa gyud ang sweldo. Og ako ana,
    Kiha dayun ko ani aron ka kwarta sad ko.

naa pa jud mga questions na out of this world. hehe..

if you do not like the job then leave.. if walai contract then you can leave anytime. btaw, a jobseeker must be very observant, on the first day sa interview, iya na dapat tan.awon ang kahimtang sa company, dli mag agad sa unsai ingon sa HR, you can talk to staff if unsai about sa company, para pud maingon nga interested jud ka. and most importantly, ask for a copy of contract, nya whatever inyu na discuss stipulated sa imo contract.

way nadato sa panarbaho

Quote Originally Posted by azaleayve View Post
    if you do not like the job then leave.. if walai contract then you can leave anytime. btaw, a jobseeker must be very observant, on the first day sa interview, iya na dapat tan.awon ang kahimtang sa company, dli mag agad sa unsai ingon sa HR, you can talk to staff if unsai about sa company, para pud maingon nga interested jud ka. and most importantly, ask for a copy of contract, nya whatever inyu na discuss stipulated sa imo contract.
    dili na man ni effective strategy run..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast