Page 1 of 65 123411 ... LastLast

Default Are you an Atheist? Share your story

i should rephrase it to HOW DID U BECOME AN ATHEIST?is it already been practised by ur family?or god turned u down?

ill start with mine...

I was raised in a christian home and a very christian community and was never really given an option to believe anything else. Around the time I was 14 I began having doubts about the validity of religion. I kept quiet about my growing doubts and continued attending church and church funded activities even after I secretly became an atheist when I was 16. Near the end of my senior year of high school I told my parents I didn't believe in God. They were shocked at first and wanted me to talk to the church pastor, which I did and remained firm in my disbelief. Eventually they came to mostly accept it, although they randomly tell me I should have heard the church sermon or read a certain book from their adult sunday school class. Being raised in an entirely christian environment I can say how difficult it is to tell people you care about that you don't believe they same thing they do. It doesn't bother me to be the only atheist in my family.

I lead a moral and just life.I help the poor,I give to charity,I volunteer time for kids.I have gone to an oddysey of hardknocks and I have never counted on a god to protect me.If god was real,wouldn't time spent in the chapel have more impact on success than experience? Its an odd thing that in warfare god tends to favor the side with superior equipment and better training.

I asked myself being an atheist on how will we account for ourselves when we are stood in front of "God" to explain our lack of faith.Let's just suppose that there is some "Judge" at the end of this life, would he really hate me for being a kind and just person that is kind and just because it helps the world instead of being kind and just out of fear of his retribution? Open your eyes..open your mind...open your heart. Fear of fire does not make the world a better place.
    Last edited by lady_blackrose; 02-15-2009 at 10:04 AM.

OT:

OA-han kog mga atheists. no offense. hehe. same thing sa mga religious fanatics. OA pud. and i'm neither religious/spiritual nor an atheist. ambot. theist lang. wahehe. wa lang. just sharing my thoughts.

I personally think you're just disenchanted with religion and the god that catholicism (catholic ba ka sauna? aw basta christian most likely) introduced to you. mao nay kabati sa religion jud in general. i don't believe in the need for religion myself. pero i still acknowledge some highly intellectual supreme being which doesn't belong to any religion.

Quote Originally Posted by dwardwarbinx View Post
    OT:

OA-han kog mga atheists. no offense. hehe. same thing sa mga religious fanatics. OA pud. and i'm neither religious/spiritual nor an atheist. ambot. theist lang. wahehe. wa lang. just sharing my thoughts.

I personally think you're just disenchanted with religion and the god that catholicism (catholic ba ka sauna? aw basta christian most likely) introduced to you. mao nay kabati sa religion jud in general. i don't believe in the need for religion myself. pero i still acknowledge some highly intellectual supreme being which doesn't belong to any religion.
    used to be catholic sis...i just dont believe in any which makes u the same but u just dont know it yet.

I have always been an atheist! My parents were practicing catholics eveytime we go to church when I was a kid and I just don't have that urge to follow what I don't see, hear or feel. I'm married to a religious wife but she never asked me to follow or worship her god. She knows that I am one - our lives is as happy as ever been, respectful and caring.

i dont consider myself an atheist. i still have my faith, its just i dont believe in any religion. i started not believing in any religion when i started college. we had a campus magazine, and in it, was an article about a scientist. that scientist said that he still has his faith, but he just doesn't believe in any religion. i think his exact words were,"I'd rather have faith than have/believe in a false religion".

Quote Originally Posted by lady_blackrose View Post
    used to be catholic sis...i just dont believe in any which makes u the same but u just dont know it yet.
    haha. i do believe there's a god pero di siya constrained in whatever religion. he/she/it doesnt even have to be a god, kanang supreme highly intellectual uber being lang gud na mag-dictate sa some things.

creationist man ko sis gud. Di ko mutuo na walay supreme highly intellectual uber being kay kung tan-awn lang nimo atong anatomy and how things work inside our body, murag awesome ra kaayo ang processes to be a product of randomness/chance/or whatever theory of creation sa mga atheists which i'm not really very familiar with. and sa body pa na ha, biology pa. wala pay labot ang ubang fields of science.

it doesn't even have to be about faith anymore. murag, illogical lang para nako na walay supreme highly intellectual uber being .

Quote Originally Posted by bleed214 View Post
    i dont consider myself an atheist. i still have my faith, its just i dont believe in any religion. i started not believing in any religion when i started college. we had a campus magazine, and in it, was an article about a scientist. that scientist said that he still has his faith, but he just doesn't believe in any religion. i think his exact words were,"I'd rather have faith than have/believe in a false religion".
    apir, sir.

haha. i do believe there's a god pero di siya constrained in whatever religion. he/she/it doesnt even have to be a god, kanang supreme highly intellectual uber being lang gud na mag-dictate sa some things.

creationist man ko sis gud. Di ko mutuo na walay supreme highly intellectual uber being kay kung tan-awn lang nimo atong anatomy and how things work inside our body, murag awesome ra kaayo ang processes to be a product of randomness/chance/or whatever theory of creation sa mga atheists which i'm not really very familiar with. and sa body pa na ha, biology pa. wala pay labot ang ubang fields of science.

it doesn't even have to be about faith anymore. murag, illogical lang para nako na walay supreme highly intellectual uber being .

apir, sir.

dont u think u dont belong in this thread?this is only for the atheist stories and btw girl...i dont need ur lecture about u being a creationist.better keep it to urself coz i dont wanna argue with u nor convert u to be one of us... just respect my thread pls.

if its illogical for u then who cares?i dont give a damn on how illogical us atheist u think we are...stick with the topic.if u dont mind.
    Last edited by lady_blackrose; 02-15-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyalan View Post
    I have always been an atheist! My parents were practicing catholics eveytime we go to church when I was a kid and I just don't have that urge to follow what I don't see, hear or feel. I'm married to a religious wife but she never asked me to follow or worship her god. She knows that I am one - our lives is as happy as ever been, respectful and caring.
    one of my fellow atheist once told me that the hardest part of being an atheist bro is loving a theist. lucky u coz ur wife accepted u for what u are...some theist will really drag u to become one of them.

and im lucky coz me and my hubby are both the same.LOL.so cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lady_blackrose View Post
    dont u think u dont belong in this thread?this is only for the atheist stories and btw girl...i dont need ur lecture about u being a creationist.better keep it to urself coz i dont wanna argue with u nor convert u to be one of us... just respect my thread pls.

if its illogical for u then who cares?i dont give a damn on how illogical us atheist u think we are...stick with the topic.if u dont mind.
    OT: mwahahahhahaha!!. nawagtang na ang concept sa forums which is supposed to be a site for online discussion. hahaha!! paita pud ani. i have never met an atheist with an open mind. that's just goes to show na you are no different from the religious fanatics whom you seem to hate so much.

another "atheist kunuhay" temper boiling. see ya.

OT: mwahahahhahaha!!. nawagtang na ang concept sa forums which is supposed to be a site for online discussion. hahaha!! paita pud ani. i have never met an atheist with an open mind. that's just goes to show na you are no different from the religious fanatics whom you seem to hate so much.

another "atheist kunuhay" temper boiling. see ya.

na...my temper is not boiling infact i find u so funny though...i just want u to simply respect my thread instead of preaching what u are...isnt it abit stupidim calling on atheist here and now u popped in trying to indulge us to to believe that their is this imaginary friend of urscome on girl....wake up...arent u too old to have an imaginary friendits like believing that there is santa clause.oh come on...im too old for that.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 65 123411 ... LastLast