Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Landscapes, Seascapes & Coastalscapes (A C&C section)

As you may have noticed, our Fashion & Glamour Photography Ver 2.0 (This is a C&C thread) is really doing well. We had a few problems back then but those were just minor ones.

With the same purpose and goal, I am setting up a C&C thread for the Landscape Photographer

The Definitions
    Landscape Photography
    Landscape photography is a genre intended to show different spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. This popular style of photography is practiced by professionals and amateurs alike. Photographs typically capture the presence of nature and are often free of man-made obstructions. Landscape photographers usually attempt not only to convey the documentary aspect, but also an appreciation of the scenery that is being photographed. - Wikipedia (There may be variations not mentioned in Wiki's definition that may still be considered a landscape photo. But for this thread, let's follow wikipedia's definition for consistency)

Rules for this thread
    1. Limit your photos to 500 pixels on the longest side only. Please provide a link to the bigger version of the photo.
    2. Read the Rules of iStorya.net.
    3. Read the Guidelines for the Photography Sub Forum.
    4. Only landscape photos can be shared in this thread.
    5. Respect other users, your fellow iStoryans.
    6. Always be diplomatic, specially when handling negative comments. If you encounter problems, please contact a mod for assistance.

Suggested format when posting a photo in this thread

1. Your Photo.
    2. Link to the larger / hi-res version.
    3. A caption or a note about your photo in case you want to tell us something about it and why you took the shot that way.

INFRACTIONS WILL BE GIVEN RIGHT AWAY TO THOSE WHO VIOLATE OUR RULES AND GUIDELINES.

-
    Last edited by dbgg1979; 04-16-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    iSTORYA.NET PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB MEMBER
    My Photo Blog www.DBGG1979.com
    Add me in Flickr

Default Re: Landscapes, Seascapes & Coastalscapes (A C&C section)

sige. I'll start the thread.

The Old Mactan Bridge by dbgg1979, on Flickr
    I was on a photo assignment for a hotel in Mactan with Teeemoy. On our break, we setup our tripods sa 5th floor and took these shots. Kusog kaayo ang hangin so naa gyud ni camera shake mao dili siya as sharp.
    Add me in Flickr

Same resto bar spot as before ni bri, kadtong gisarad-an ta sa metro ky 9pm na?

yup. the same place bai

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Same resto bar spot as before ni bri, kadtong gisarad-an ta sa metro ky 9pm na?
    Add me in Flickr

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Aztech; 04-16-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: resized image...

grabe pud, strike one man dayon on the 500 pixels limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztech View Post
    [IMG][IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x459/aztech_six/SC6-2871.jpg[IMG][IMG]
    Regarding your photo.

1. HDR ni? or fusion of multiple exposures. Whatever it is, the photo is showing halos. Kana bitaw mga puti nga "glow" around sa imong mga rocks. This may pass ok if you posted it here: https://www.istorya.net/forums/photog...otography.html but in this thread, I say it needs a little bit of fixing. I make these mistakes too Dali rani ma fix if you just take your time and ayaw dalia

2. Subject sa photo. Sky? Rocks? Sun? The usual elements are present but kilid ra kaayo imong sun. So if its not the main subject of this photo then samok ra ang sun. Nindot unta ni if you shot this without it nalang. If the sun was the center of attention for this photo, medyo kilid ra pud.

3. Don't cut your landscape in half. Don't let your horizon run at the center of your photo. I'm not saying mao gyud ni ang rule, but most landscapes have their horizons at the 1/3 of the photo. So either more sky or more ground or sea.

These are just suggestions since this is a C&C thread. You may or may not take these advices.

But regarding my recommendation to resize your photo, I recommend you follow that
    Last edited by dbgg1979; 04-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Add me in Flickr

unsa nang 500 "on the long side" brian ang height na xa?? or width?? 1st time pa nko post...

ikaw man diay na.

it means if horizontal/landscape imong photo, dapat limit ra to 500 pixels imong width.

if naka vertical ang pagka take, then adjust the height to 500 pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztech View Post
    unsa nang 500 "on the long side" brian ang height na xa?? or width?? 1st time pa nko post...
    Add me in Flickr

please daw check if photo bucket supports auto resizing to 500 pixels.

flickr has sharing options that will allow its user to embed photos resized to specific sizes with ready copy/paste embed code na. so dali ra kaayo.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgg1979 View Post
    ikaw man diay na.
    it means if horizontal/landscape imong photo, dapat limit ra to 500 pixels imong width.
    if naka vertical ang pagka take, then adjust the height to 500 pixels.
    Add me in Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dbgg1979 View Post
    please daw check if photo bucket supports auto resizing to 500 pixels.

flickr has sharing options that will allow its user to embed photos resized to specific sizes with ready copy/paste embed code na. so dali ra kaayo.
    Ahhhh!!! i get it nah!! nice nice... THANKS sa advice bri, karon pa gyud ko aning posting stuff... i'll follow ur landscape adive... can't wait sa leyte trip.. excited nko... TANX...^_^

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast