Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Default OMB goes to Cebu to raid software piracy..

I just heard from a friend that Optical Media Board will conduct all Cebu Business Companies - either small,medium or large enterprises to audit software applications used either licensed or not. The conduction of operation this coming April 13, 2009.

I also heard that some companies are in panic buying legit softwares from their IT Vendors..

Please be aware of it to all business out there and those who work from companies in IT to check out.

kadaghan na man ni nahitabo.. wa man gihapon result.. niabot na man gani sa mga malls ang mga vendors ug pirated software..

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSuave View Post
    kadaghan na man ni nahitabo.. wa man gihapon result.. niabot na man gani sa mga malls ang mga vendors ug pirated software..
    Yes your right and kita ug tataw kaau na sa COLON.In fact, mga tig pa download sa COLON kay VISTA nay gigamit and pirated pajud.Wala jud ka kita mga taga OMB ana or nagpa buta-buta lang sila?Ga yaya lang na si EDU MANZANO!

mao jud. murag ang taga microsoft gafinance sa ila raid operation. naay uban establishments and some manufacturing companies are using pirated one. tawag ko ganiha sa amo IT vendor kay uban nila client also purchased a worth million for the softwares alone such as XP's OEM and AutoCAD. Ari jud na sila sa mga business companies kay dako ang taga microsoft ug igo sa ilang OEM licensed products.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard666 View Post
    I just heard from a friend that Optical Media Board will conduct all Cebu Business Companies - either small,medium or large enterprises to audit software applications used either licensed or not. The conduction of operation this coming April 13, 2009.

I also heard that some companies are in panic buying legit softwares from their IT Vendors..

Please be aware of it to all business out there and those who work from companies in IT to check out.
    A friend of mine who is working in a local company has even confirmed that they have been contacted or more like sent a letter by PAPT (Philippine Anti-Piracy Team) kay some of there softwares don't have licenses kuno.

Ang O.S. nila is legit as well as MS-Office, but the problem is mahalan ra sila sa MS-Office license and so they resorted to installing MS-Office multiple times, which is a no-no. Anyways they are also in a panic to buy licenses for MS-Office.

If I remember correctly the last time raids where done here in Cebu Province was in 2007 by the PAPT-NBI-BSA task force. One of those raided was my former workplace and another was a furniture firm.

BTW...in the official PAPT website ang last raid nila was in March 19, 2009 somewhere in Luzon. So April is Cebu's turn?
    Last edited by grss1982; 03-26-2009 at 09:30 PM.

ambot lang.. lalo na naay backup sa mga tao nga naga raid di na noon ma dayon ang raid sa ila kay amigo man o bayaran.. tsk tsk too bad..

Patay gyud ani ang mga internet cafes ug small companies.

dli jud sila mo gukod og tidahan sa colon. wala man silay ma kwarta. adto jud sila mga dako na business.

Blog Entries
    another futile effort.. so they can't clean manila.. now they come to cebu. and they want the big guys here.. lolz

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast