Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Movie: The Others

Have you seen this film guys?

The Others has a fresh rating and a reading of 77% out of 100%. According to a review site, this is a spooky thriller that reminds us that a movie doesn't need expensive special effects to be creepy.

8O

Synopsis
    THE OTHERS begins with a close-up of a woman screaming. By the time this intense film ends, everyone watching it will be screaming and gasping. Nicole Kidman stars as Grace, a woman raising two children by herself in a creepy mansion. World War II is over, but Grace's husband never returned. Meanwhile, the two children, Anne and Nicholas, must constantly stay in the dark because they are deathly allergic to light. Then one day three people show up to take over for Grace's disappeared staff, and trouble starts to brew. The odd trio--an aging nanny, an elderly gardener, and a young mute girl--seems to have a slightly different agenda than Grace and the children do. But when Anne starts talking to strange, unseen people, the scares start building to an incredible climax.

Alejandro AmenĂ¡bar's highly stylized English-language debut is one of the better haunted-house films of the past few years. Not only did AmenĂ¡bar write and direct the film but he composed the eerie music as well. Nicole Kidman is outstanding as the overprotective mother trying to save her children, while Fionnula Flanagan excels as the nanny with a deep, dark secret. Because the children must remain in darkness, Grace must lock every door behind her, to make sure that the children don't accidentally enter a brightly lit room; it is a marvelous horror-film device that AmenĂ¡bar uses to perfection.

I LIKE THE MOVIE.... SEE it 4 UR SELF..

I hope naa pa this week

Default The Others behind you...

It really kinda spooky movie......but you'll have to see it from the beginning.....so that you will know how spooky things are sometimes uncalled for...
    You can never go wrong if you follow the course of nature....

I'll check it out tomorrow

kuyog ko trabuncs ha....please.....i don't want to be scared alone

Blog Entries

bangkahi mi trabunco...

BeoR, too bad I just read this :P

Well I already watched it kaniha with ziwygy. I love it and also Nicole's performance. Naa ra sha the same plot na movie pero mas lingaw ni. Actually it has a higher rating with Black Hawk Down! The rating's 77% while the latter has 75%. :idea:

if i'd be given the chance to star in a film, i'd choose the role of lydia, the mute girl. i don't need to memorize a set of script but still be important enough in establishing the mystery of the whole plot. trabunco is right, this is a nicely done movie. but......

I'll choose Victor's role...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast