Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default passed the licensure exam.. what now?!

they say that when you pass the licensure exam of your chosen profession.. you are assured that you have an edge over other applicants vying for the job..

but why is it that many of my friends, who took the engineering board exam and passed, are having a hard time looking for jobs.. esp. when most openings require at least 1-5 yrs. of experience..

let's face it.. most companies, esp. construction & engineering ones, would prefer to hire the more experienced applicants even if they don't have licenses over the newly licensed & prc registered but inexperienced applicants..

but how can they gain experience if nobody would hire them and give them a chance?

most importantly..

is getting a license still important when experience is the main priority in job requirements?

but how can they gain experience if nobody would hire them and give them a chance?
    good question. mao sad ni permi nako pangutana

i guess that would vary from one profession to another.

for other board passers you could use it to apply for government positions by virtue of RA1080 (PRC Lic exams and Bar passers are considered Civil Service eligibles)
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

^^ yea.. but wouldn't they have to take the civil service exam too?

ont: i guess maybe that's why many are unemployed & underemployed because only the experienced ones are given the chance.. many wait to be hired.. and then the weeks pass.. then months.. then it becomes years.. no wonder many become depressed and useless.. hehe.. just my own two cents here..

^^^^if you are a board/bar passer then no need for you to take the civil service exam
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Sa company nga ako gi work "DO NOT HONOR BOARD PASSERS"

These HR people prefer "OUTSTANDING" credits on your TOR. Mas makita man gud kuno ang paningkamot sa grado pag college kaysa 1 time or 2 time take sa board exam.

tana lang ko? kung sa tOR naay tulo ka hagbong dawaton ra gyapon inig appy?

Work in a call center..hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by makathy View Post
    is getting a license still important when experience is the main priority in job requirements?
    I guess companies now are aware that licenses doesn't really prove one's competence. Other than hiring applicants who's got experience, some would prefer those who finished technical courses than having a degree and a license alone. But of course having both is a very, very big plus.

My question would be, now that professional licenses are starting to lose it's credibility, what is the government doing about this? What are the schools doing about this? And most importantly, what are people doing about this? I guess we're all stuck in the notion that "educational degree + license = success".

Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    tana lang ko? kung sa tOR naay tulo ka hagbong dawaton ra gyapon inig appy?
    I used to interview fresh engineers. I always ask them for a good reason for having a fail mark.
    Kung nahagbungan Pilipino or Rizal wa nay blema.

Pinakasakit gyud noh kay kani nga info sa mga engineers nga mo inteview ay, "we are not working at the government, thats why we dont credit board passers. We prefer grades".

Sakit jud kaayo sa mga naningkamot makapasar.

Having a license doesn't matter.
    Again it's only worth Php 600 ~ 1000.
    That's 5 years of hard work.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast