Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default What Camera To Purchase for An Amateur...

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I am inquiry as to what kind of camera that you photographers would suggest me to buy?

I enjoy taking pictures and I intend to learn more about it... so, if you guys would want to help me... i will be glad to learn whatever it is you want me to learn.

Ciao

Capoeira Chic :mrgreen:

Default Re: What Camera To Purchase for An Amateur...

I suggest starting off with an entry level cam... like the 400D of Canon or D80 of Nikon.
    Then invest in a quality lens... if you can't spare for that then the "kit lens" is still a good
    starting point in learning.

Most everyone here shoots Canon and tend to share lenses and gear. Gives you the
    ability to try and find out what suits you before you buy your own lens or widget.

But if you're really serious in starting out the best thing is to just get any camera you can
    and start shooting.

@ capoeira chic...i agree with abortretryfail. if your budget permits it, start off with a camera that you can still use as you knowledge / skills in photography develop further. its useless to get a point and shoot if you're really serious about learning photography. either you get a brand new unit or you get a quality 2nd hand dslr...it all depends on your budget. expect to spend between P25K to P50K though.

but if you already have a point and shoot...just keep on shooting and practice framing, etc. practice makes perfect. the time will come that your skill will outgrow your camera and you will start to yearn for an upgrade.

Start with a cheaper Film SLR.

seek the light..the jedi force...Canon =)

get a nikon d40 price should just be less than 35k. but if you want there's an upgrade to the d40 the d40x, price should be less than 45k. i don't think you have to spend over 50k if you want to start photography. where's the fun in that. if you start at that price level you might as well start borrowing money to pay for gear you don't really need. kit lens with nikons can deliver in terms of quality. i used the topf of the line camera of nikon but i prefer the d40 better. you just can't compare the technology on the latest cameras that come cout in the market. so always get the latest one available to benefit from all the new technology they developed.

remember it's never about the pana it's always the indian.

I suggest before buying a dslr camera is to research about it. Read reviews and try to see if you are willing to spend a lot on the lenses and gear. Personally, I would go with Canon; Nikon and Sony are also good brands too.

nikon d40 or the new version d40x

if you have the budget, go for at least 30D or D200...

Canon 400D

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast