Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite Member Premium Member

Default Globe DSL using PLDT phone line

Have talked with globe customer service and was told that I can subscribe to Globe Broadband DSL using my PLDT phone line. I was told that I will be subscribing to "data only." Has anyone tried this? If so, does it work fine? Possible problem with technical support as Globe and PLDT might be blaming each other if a problem crops up. Hope for your advise. Thanks to all.

Default Re: Globe DSL using PLDT phone line

hehehe.. this won't be possible since each provider has a different network. it is true, however, that you could subscribe to globe's dsl service only without the phone line, but they would still be providing you with a separate line.

hope this helps..

so a separate line which i can't use for voice calls, but for internet use only?

yup... walay dial-tone..

It's impossible! Coz the customer's dsl modem should be connected to the DSLAM of that ISP or Telco. Let say if u subcribe from pldt and u're applying for their dsl, it must be pldt dsl. It's not possible from different ISP...

Quote Originally Posted by zebran

Have talked with globe customer service and was told that I can subscribe to Globe Broadband DSL using my PLDT phone line. I was told that I will be subscribing to "data only." Has anyone tried this? If so, does it work fine? Possible problem with technical support as Globe and PLDT might be blaming each other if a problem crops up. Hope for your advise. Thanks to all.
    Data only rana siya...pero dili ka mogamit ug landline sa PLDT...kung data only gani ang wire gikan sa cabinet for the DSL kay idiritsu na ug connect sa imong computer...posible ra ni siya kung ang imong location duol sa cabinet sa globelines...pero kung layu naa kay additional nga payments para sa wiring...

Elite Member Premium Member

thanks for the info.

I'm baffled why everyone here says it's impossible... where as in the US of A this has been the trend.

hi DSX, as you have said,thats in USA....Peace...

yes, for now, you cant subscribe to Globelines Broadband using PLDT phone line, but instead, Globelines will provide you with a new line and configure that line as Data only (Broadband). there would be no conflict here, since one line for PLDT and another line for GLBB.

but why would you stick with PLDT inwhich Globelines phone line is very much cheaper? just a thinking aloud..... peace...

Data line only has been a problem in our company last 3 months... We have a hard time to troubleshoot which is problem. the LINEWARE, HARDWARE, or THE SOFTWARE...

Mas maayo jud nga naay DIAL TONE para sayon ra e troubleshoot. dili jud na kasaligan run ang line sa PLDT/GLOBE kay gubot kaau ilang linya sa mga dalan..

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast