Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CITY OF GOD / Cidade de Deus

[img width=1 height=1]http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif[/img] :mrgreen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/combined
    current 18 in the top 250 list on IMDb. nominated for 4 academy awards - cinematography, director, editing and writing. BASED on a TRUE STORY

Cidade de Deus (City of God) is a housing project built in the 1960's that--in the early 80's--became one of the most dangerous places in Rio de Janeiro. The tale tells the stories of many characters whose lives sometimes intersect. However, all is seen through the eyes of a singular narrator: Busca-Pé, a poor black youth too frail and scared to become an outlaw but also to smart to be content with underpaid, menial jobs. He grows up in a very violent environment. The odds are all against him. But Busca-Pé soon discovers that he can see reality differently than others. His redemption is that he's been given an artist's point of view as a keen-eyed photographer. As Busca-Pé is not the real protagonist of the film--only the narrator--he is not the one who makes the decisions that will determine the sequence of events. Nevertheless, not only his life is attached to what happens in the story, but it is also through Busca-Pé's perspective of life that one can understand the complicated layers and humanity of a world, apparently condemned to endless violence.
    excellent movie, nice story and action. grabe kaau ang violence, sige lang ug pinatyanay. nindut ang cinematography, art film kaau. nindut sad ang editing, kay ambak2x ang timeline.

mura ug battle royale, nagpinatyanay ang mga bata. Rated R for strong brutal violence, sexuality, drug content and language.

naay orig VCD baligya diri, adto lang sa mga astrovision, radioshack, naa ni did2.

:mrgreen:

Default Re: CITY OF GOD / Cidade de Deus

naa pud pirated dvd si Roland Roldan ;b

koyawa atong "saging" nga scene oi. Insightful kaayo. ahehehe.

I HEART THIS MOVIE VERY MUCH!!!

sa inyong copy ba, ang subtitles nindot ba? kay sa akong copy, name sa main character kay ROCKET, iya kontra kay Lil'Z man to...sakto ba?

yep si rocket to ang photographer pero di na iyang tinuod pangan. unya si lil z to ang killer kaau pero murag gi ilisdan man sad to iya pangan atong satanista did2.

grabeha dali kaau nisaka sa imdb top 250.

Grabe ni na movie. The first thing that I noticed was the flawless cinematography. Lahi cya ug effect, murag documentary na dili.

one of my fave movies....

nahan ko sa character ni lil' z/ lil dice...maldito man gud kaayo sya.
    wayok kaayo na salida oi kay bizaare kaayo ug mga scenes......
    faet lang kaayo kay napildi ako idol sa mga batang gagmay.....

nawa ninyo ni aron ma appreciate ninyo ang salida.....

wala ko kita ani

kita ko ani.. nindot

heard about this movie. nindot daw. where can i get a copy??

waahh.. i wanna see the TV series "City of Men" => which was made after the success of City of God

City of God is definitely one of the best foreign language films.. and one of my favorites

There seems to be a sprawling number of good films from Brazil, most especially from Fernando Meirelles (director of Cidade de Deus) and also try to watch movies directed by Walter Salles (Behind the Sun, Central Station, Motorcycle Diaries)

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast