Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 7950GT? is it worth for an upgrade?

if naa ko'e 7950GT 512MB, worth it ba m.upgrade ko?

Default Re: 7950GT? is it worth for an upgrade?

well like many things, it depends. what you plan to use it for? if you into really highend gaming then yes its worth it to upgrade. also what card you plan to upgrade to? the 7950gt is a good card and can play today's games on probably medium to high settings, but there are many better cards out now. you can probly sell your 7950 for a good price and just add a little more for an 8series nvidia. or you can wait a few more months and see what happens when nvidia launches the 9series.

Quote Originally Posted by mE_bytes
    if naa ko'e 7950GT 512MB, worth it ba m.upgrade ko?
    sakto si juan_carlos bro... depende ra kung unsa imong gamitan... ang question nga imong i-ask sa imong self is, "necessary ba gyud nga mag upgrade ko" kay if you are contented sa imong videocard karon, then dili na kinahanglan.

DX10 support in vista...is the reason why most people are upgrading their cards

If you dont intend to run vista anytime soon... probably not worth to upgrade.. AS OF NOW....

Crysis was the reason why a lot of people wanted to upgrade.. pero even high end graphics cards have a hard time running that game.

Quote Originally Posted by vipvip68
    DX10 support in vista...is the reason why most people are upgrading their cards

Crysis was the reason why a lot of people wanted to upgrade.. pero even high end graphics cards have a hard time running that game.
    At first you say vista then crysis, so which is it ?

But before you answer that where do you base these claims ?

I'm saying that it's a bit of both...

Just read around the forums.. especially at the introduction of the Nvidia 8600 where people were willing to upgrade their high end 7 series cards just to support Crysis in Dx10.. not knowing the 8600 was not really up to par in performance.

Also we all know that Microsoft is pushing Dx10 as a reason to upgrade to vista. They could just as easily support Dx10 on XP... but it doesnt make business sense for them to...

Hey man... easen up.. this isnt a courtroom and "these claims" are just as much my opinion from my personal observation... If you want to contradict me and contribute to the thread, I think its better if you present your side instead of questioning my opinion.

Just read around the forums.. especially at the introduction of the Nvidia 8600 where people were willing to upgrade their high end 7 series cards just to support Crysis in Dx10.. not knowing the 8600 was not really up to par in performance.

Also we all know that Microsoft is pushing Dx10 as a reason to upgrade to vista. They could just as easily support Dx10 on XP... but it doesnt make business sense for them to...

Hey man... easen up.. this isnt a courtroom and "these claims" are just as much my opinion from my personal observation... If you want to contradict me and contribute to the thread, I think its better if you present your side instead of questioning my opinion.

very well said, i was about to say i was detecting some kind of hostility here

Quote Originally Posted by juan_carlos

very well said, i was about to say i was detecting some kind of hostility here
    So questioning someone of his basis is already hostility ?

People upgrade their cards because they want better performance not for vista not for crysis but for what they need in gaming.

Who can blame them if they buy a Dell PC in hopes that the 8600 is faster than their current 7900GTX ( or higher )
    Please do show us links of these threads, I find it hard to believe.

Also we all know that Microsoft is pushing Dx10 as a reason to upgrade to vista.
    Really, You dont even have a single clue.
    And dont generalize.

They could just as easily support Dx10 on XP... but it doesnt make business sense for them to...
    No they cant, They have to rewrite the entire O.S. for DX10 thus Vista is made.
    Incase you havent noticed vista is just another O.S. down the line with M$'s usual product cycle to introduce something new, the DX10 is not the reason for Vista exsistence

1985 - Windows 1.01
    1987 - Windows 2.03
    1989 - Windows 2.11
    1990 - Windows 3.0
    1992 - Windows 3.1 (Windows for Workgroups 3.1 later same year)
    1993 - Windows NT 3.1
    1993 - Windows for Workgroups 3.11
    1994 - Windows NT 3.5
    1995 - Windowsd NT 3.51
    1995 - Windows 95
    1996 - Windows NT 4.0
    1998 - Windows 98
    1999 - Windows 98SE
    2000 - Windows 2000
    2000 - Windows ME
    2001 - Windows XP
    2003 - Windows XP 64-bit edition
    2003 - Windows Server 2003
    2005 - Windows XP Professional x64
    2006 - Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
    2006 (Volume Licensing) / 2007 (Retail) - Windows Vista
    2007 - Windows Home Server
    2008 (planned) - Windows Server 2008
    2009 or later - Windows 7
    (Source: FM)

See the patern ?

Hey man... easen up.. this isnt a courtroom and "these claims" are just as much my opinion from my personal observation... I

Why do some members here act like victims or martyrs?

If you want to contradict me and contribute to the thread, I think its better if you present your side instead of questioning my opinion.
    If you wanna eat poo then be my guest, but dont spread the drama & B$ around.

Anyway since it is already off topic, I rest my case on you.

@Topic

If you wish to upgrade now, you could grab a 8800GT/GTS 512MB or a 3870X2 depending on your budget, I came from a 7900GT RMA'ed no less than twice, and was given a 8800GTS 320MB as a replacement and the performance improvements is more then expected.

P.S. Im not mad or hostile, this is choice of words and the way i post take it with a grain of salt and laugh about it dont take it to personally this is only a forum. enjoy.

ako upgrade ko from radeon 9600 pro to 7900gs..... mao na tawag patience....

Quote Originally Posted by ajol
    ako upgrade ko from radeon 9600 pro to 7900gs..... mao na tawag patience....

That is one major upgrade jump!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast